Part 17 NSFW

(Y/n) looked at the text message from Lance again.

'Do you want to go out on Wednesday? I'm sorry, I'd ask you out on the weekend, but I pulled the weekend shifts. There's a lot of trying to keep up with demand without you here. :('

(Y/n) could feel the pressure in her stomach; this was going to be a third date...

Isn't that classically when sex would happen, or was at least a good possibility?

She felt her stomach flutter with nerves as she finished plating lunch and sat it on the table. Her phone went off and she picked it up to see another message from Lance.

'Did I go too fast?'

(Y/n) realized that it had been about six hours since she'd gotten the first text and still hadn't replied. She felt bad that he was worried about that, after all, he was being very nice; it was her issues that were making it a problem.

'No,' she quickly messaged back. 'I just have been kinda busy. I'm not sure if I'm free, let me check what's going on that day,' she added after realizing that her previous no could have meant anything.

She sighed in relief when she got back an 'ok' with a smiley face.

Bucky came in from the front room, seeing (Y/n) sit down at the table with a worried look on her face. He sat and watched her, wondering if she'd share whatever was bothering her, but she didn't.

After lunch, he found a cheesy horror movie and they laughed through it, making him feel a little better, but he noticed that she still had a distracted look about her.

(Y/n) looked down at her phone when it pinged with a notification, worried that Lance was messaging her again, even though it was the wrong noise, but saw that the notification was that her favorite podcaster had uploaded another episode.

She looked back to the tv, swiping the notification away.

Bucky nudged her with his knee, still looking at the screen. "If there were a rulebook, or a guide to surviving a horror movie, or something, these guys would be breaking every rule," he said.

She laughed and elbowed him, softly, since she was on the side with his metal arm. "If there were such a book and they actually followed its directions, it would be a super short movie; there was this cabin in the middle of nowhere that was obviously full of ghosts. So we turned around and went home, 'cause screw that!" She laughed.

He smiled at her, and (Y/n) felt her heart skip a beat, then throb at the sight. His arm was on the back of the couch, and she realized that it was around her, kind of, but not touching her. She blushed, and turned back to the tv to hide it.

He was certainly not doing it to have his arm around her; he was just comfortable on his own couch in his own house.

They finished watching the movie, and a while later, (Y/n) stood from the couch, unable to bear her heart throbbing at every move Bucky made, since his body was so close to hers that she could feel the heat coming from him. "I'm going to go start on some dinner," she told him.

She went into the kitchen and looked through what there was, deciding to make a hamburger steak and potatoes with gravy, putting the hamburgers in a pan to start cooking while she cooked some potatoes and started some water boiling for the vegetables.

After flipping the burgers and draining and starting to mash the potatoes, Bucky came in and stood at the island next to where she was working for a moment, then walked outside, telling her he was going to go hit the bag.