Part 26

A/n~ Urg! Sorry it's been so long! It has been super crazy at my work with moving people (literally, physically...) getting a house set up, working 12 hour days, 6 day weeks... yay... lol. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy this chapter, and I hope to get the next one up soon to make up for the long wait for this one!

.   .   .   .   .

(Y/n) slipped from Bucky's arms, sneaking out of the room after pulling on her clothes, and headed to the bathroom.

"I just need to breathe," she reminded herself. "It was just sex. Friendly sex. No attachments. Just- just a good time..." She bit her lip as she washed up.

Why did it hurt so bad?

Why couldn't she just accept and be grateful for what she had?

Bucky treated her wonderfully in bed, better than she'd ever imagined it could be, and he was nice to her outside of bed, too. He took her to dinner, kept buying her things despite her objections, rubbed her legs and feet sometimes when they sat on the couch together- if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't actually interested in her romantically, because sexual interest was very different than romantic interest, she would say that it was like they were dating. Not only dating, but at that point a while in when they were so into each other that one had asked the other to move in, instead of being thrown into this situation.

(Y/n) braced herself against the sink as she took a deep breath and forced herself to act ok as she straightened, heading to her room for clothes for the day.

.

Bucky grinned, tightening his arms around (Y/n), but found them empty, his bed empty and cold.

He clenched his jaw and scrubbed his flesh hand over his face.

Why did this woman have to break his heart so much?

He climbed from the bed and pulled on a pair of pants before heading out and finding (Y/n) in the kitchen, making breakfast like it was any other day, as though she hadn't put cracks in his heart twice in the last twelve hours.

He silently went to the table and sat at it, his head in his hand as he watched her finish breakfast.

(Y/n) turned and carried their plates to the table, ready for any amount of smugness or cheerful, just got laid feelings from Bucky as she set his plate down, but she wasn't ready for what she actually saw; him, staring at the tabletop as though it were a dying relative.

"B-Bucky- are you, are you ok?"

He stared up into her eyes wistfully for a second, but looked to his plate, grabbing his fork. "Yeah," he muttered.

Fuck.

Why did he keep giving her his heart so she could break it?

Did she even like him?

"W-what are your plans for today?" (Y/n) asked.

Bucky shrugged.

"Will you... will you still drive me to work later?" She asked, and he hummed back an affirmative.

(Y/n) pressed her lips together and bit them.

Some was wrong.

Something was very, very wrong.

... ... ...

Bucky sat silently on the couch, his eyes on the tv and a book laying next to him, but he wasn't paying attention to either.

(Y/n) stared at her phone, her conversation with Dustin flowing across the screen.

'Come on, you know guys better than me! Please?'