Part 24

A/N- Truths are revealed, also the reason why Bucky started the podcast, and requests are made... Real talk about PTSD. If you would like my resources, I'd be glad to give them. This one is a little short, but the next one... I hope it will be worth the wait... 

...    ...    ...  

After his appointment with the therapist, there was still about an hour until (Y/n) got off of work, so Bucky decided to go to the store and do a little bit of shopping.

Bucky looked around as he made his way down the aisle, fighting embarrassment and wondering why he should feel embarrassed.

It was a common item, lots of people bought them!

He'd bought them! Admittedly not for a while, which is why he'd run out, and at the most inopportune time...

He looked up at the colorful boxes in front if him, surprise etching his features as he saw how many different kinds had come out since he'd last gotten a box.

He was comparing one against another, forgetting to be embarrassed, when a woman walked down the aisle, stopping near him to look at the feminine products. He glanced up at her, but she was avoiding eye contact, too, and it made him feel a little better that he wasn't the only one embarrassed to be down this aisle.

Bucky sighed quietly and thought about just putting them back and forgetting about it, after all, there was not even a hint that (Y/n) would ever want to have sex with him again, and he was pretty sure that he wasn't going to be able to be with any other woman any time soon; the condoms would probably just sit in his drawer until they expired and needed to be thrown out.

He winced as he remembered that the one he'd pulled out of his wallet had most likely been expired and was only in there because he had just never thought about it to take it out, but thinking of when he was throwing things out of his nightstand, he resolutely put a box in the basket, hiding it under a loaf of bread.

It was always better to have protection and not need it than to need it and not have it.

... ... ...

(Y/n) pulled her headphones on and turned on the newest podcast on her phone, listening to it as she cleaned the house and Bucky was up working. It felt strange for her to not be working when he was, now, but the gym had closed for a holiday, and the phone company he worked for hadn't.

She was starting to feel a whole lot of sexual frustration, as well, but she was unwilling to not lay next to him on the couch and feel his arms around her, just so that she didn't feel like she needed him all the time.

"Mmm, baby, I miss you so much when you're gone," the podcaster said. "The house feels so empty without you, like you packed up all the warmth and happiness to carry with you in your pocket. I know that you don't do it on purpose, it's just that... Babydoll. You're becoming the heart of the house, making me want to see your face so badly that I can't do anything but think of you when you're not here." He sighed.

"Mm, baby, why does work have to be a thing? Why can't you be content to sit back and let me take care of you?" He chuckled. "But I know; you being so independent is one of the things I love about you. It just makes me so lonely when I can't see you." He cleared his throat. "And when I get lonely, I think about... Baby I think about all the things I want to do to you, all of the beautiful places on your body I want to kiss... God, baby, I want to run my hands up your back, down your waist, give a squeeze to your ass," he chuckled. "Lick up your neck, find that one spot that makes it hard for you to breath- mmm," he groaned. "You see, baby? See how hard I am just from thinking of you, and I'm only at kissing your neck, I haven't even gotten to your lips, or breasts, or any of the rest of you."