Chapter 16. Kat

Kat eyed the fish, suspiciously. "I'm a vegetarian, Noah."
"I know, but we don't have anything else to eat."
Kat stared at the fish and gagged. "I cannot believe I am about to put this in my mouth and consume it."
Noah handed the fish to her. "Pick the bones out."
Kat pushed the fish away. "Nope. No way. Never mind. I am not eating that. "
"You'll starve to death," Noah pointed out.
"I am not eating that."
"Whatever. " Noah pulled the bones out of the fish and starting eating it.
"Let's play a game, " Kyle suggested.
"What kind if game?" Al looked at Kyle.
"Never have I ever."
"Yes!" Kat practically jumped out of her seat, which wasn't much of a seat. It was a pillow.
"Nooooo..." Al moaned.
"Ok, ok. Never have I ever... cheated." Kat shot a look to Noah. She didn't blame him, she just wanted to know.
"Never!" Noah grabbed Kat's hand.
Kat pulled away. "Good."
"Never," Kyle and Al said at the same time. Al seemed to blush. Kat wondered why.
"Never have I ever kissed a guy." Al looked at Kat like she was crazy. "What? Just wondering!"
"Ok. Never."
"Never."
"Never. "
"I have," Kat grinned. "Never have I-"
"Why do you get to say them all?"
"Because, Kyle, I am."
"Never have I ever passed out in fear. And if you have, I want to hear the story," Al snorted.
"I have." Everyone looked at Noah.
"Really?"
"Seriously?"
"Woah."
"Uh, yeah... I was eight and I wanted to do the high dive, so I got up there and i passed out. It was terrifying!"
"I didn't know you're afraid of heights."
"I am- wait. Don't you dare, Kyle!"
"Do it." Al nodded to Kyle.
Kyle nodded back. "Sorry." He snapped his fingers and Noah flew up into the air, yelling. Kyle held his hand and Noah hovered. Kyle snapped again and Noah started falling to the ground, letting out a string of Kat's choice of swears. Kat screamed as Noah got closer to the ground. Kyle snapped. Noah hovered a foot above the ground. Kyle put his hand down and Noah closed the distance between him and the ground.
"I have." Kat had completely forgotten about the game. Kyle refreshed her memory.
"When?"
"Remember when I first got my powers?"
"Yeah. Duh."
"I got home and collapsed for three days."
"Your turn, Al."
"Ok, I'm afraid of spiders. And there was once a spider in my bed. And... that didnt end well. I ended up with a bad concussion."
"Kat?" Noah yawned.
"Really, Noah?"
"Uh, yeah. It's late... right?"
"No. It's only midnight!"
Noah yawned again. "Exactly," he said sleepily.
"Where's y'alls fun?"
"Nowhere. I hate this game." Al yawned too. So did Kyle.
"Oh no."
"What?"
"Kyle's boutta fall asleep."
Al grinned. He knew what Kat was talking about. When Kyle was thirteen, they tried to pull an all nighter. Kyle fell asleep in Kat's lap. They couldn't wake him up.
"Ooh, ooh! Al make a lie detecting plant!"
"Why?"
"Because it gonna get real personal and I want nobody lying!"
"O...k." Al blinked and a cactus now stood before them.
"Have you ever kissed someone your same gender?" Noah seemed to perk up. Kat settled against him.
"Never."
"I have. " All eyes turned to Kyle. "My dad!"
"Never."
"Never."
"Ok my turn. Have you ever had a crush on your same gender?" Everyone looked at Kat. "In case you're wondering, I haven't. "
"Never, " Noah pulled Kat's shoulders closer. She looked at him and gave him a questioning look, but he laid his cheek on her head and she smiled.
"Never." Again, Al blushed when he and Kyle said the same thing. What's up with that? Kat wondered.
The plant fell between Kyle and Al. They yelled and Kyle grabbed Al's shoulders to pull him out of the way. As soon as the dust cleared and the boys calmed down, Kyle let go of Al as he jerked away. Both of them turned beet red.
"One of you is lying." Kat pointed to Al then Kyle. "But which one?"