Chapter 3. Kyle

Kyle Cunningham stared at his phone in wonder. Kat was calling. As soon as he saw the word Kat on the screen, his fingers jumped to answer.
"Hello?" Kyle nervously bit his nails. The air around him began to pick up pace. Soon, there was a tornado swirling around Kyle. His hair blew around his face, poking his eyes and messing up his sight.
"Hey, guys. It's me, Flame. We've got an incident. Meet me in The Cave." The words smacked Kyle in the face. His tornado abruptly stopped. Kat hung up the phone. Kyle stared at the dark screen of his iPhone. He hesitantly got out of bed and put on a white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. He ran out the front door, forgetting his car keys. He ran back inside to his room upstairs, grabbed his keys and coffee off the desk. On his way to the door, Kyle grabbed a handful of Takis bags for the trip.
While he was a few hours into the drive, a familiar green car pulled in front of him. Al. Kyle almost honked the horn to say Hey, remember me? It's Kyle Cunningham, you know, the kid that hit you with a barrior of air and sent you to the hospital a few years ago? But, on second thought, that didn't sound like a good idea.

After a long drive, Kyle stared at the mouth of the Cave. He took a step, but hesitated. He remember what happened three years ago. He shuddered then remembered, Kat needs us. Kyle entered the Cave.
The rocks glowed blue. There were vines growing up and down the walls. There were waterfalls and gushes if strong air, no air, hot air, or freezing cold air. There were fires lit behind waterfalls, on the walls, in cracks and crevices in the rock. Kyle smirked. The four had met when they were only ten years old. They found out about their powers three years later. They had tried to run away from home. This is where they discovered the Cave. Each one added something special to it. Kyle made it difficult for anyone to get in. He provided barriors, air pockets and places without air. Al grew vines everywhere, he made doorways and curtains out of plants so they knew where to go. Noah placed waterfalls, streams, and pools of water everywhere in the cave. Kat gave them light. Or, fire so they could see where they're going.
Kyle took twist and turns and followed the vines. He eventually got to the heart of the Cave. There was a big pool of water with vines growing out of it. The walls were lit and the air was warm, yet comfortable to breathe.
Kyle jumped into the water, created an air bubble around his head, and dived under the water. He swam for a few minutes, then surfaced, popping his bubble. He was in a different room, there were four chairs surrounding a desk. In the chairs sat Kat Black, Flame and Al Murphy, Plant. Kyle dried off with a blast of hot air and sat down and joined the silence as they waited for Noah, their Fearless Fish Leader, to arrive.