Chapter 8. Kyle

Kyle glanced at the ceiling. Why did he agree to this? They can't run away! Kat was 15, Noah was almost 18, Al was 16, and Kyle was 16. None of them were actually certified adults.
"Kyle!" Someone pushed him.
"What?"
"Pay attention!" Al shook his head and rolled his eyes.
"Sorry." Kyle looked in front of him, where Noah and Kat were telling them what they were going to do and say when they left.
"So we just say that we are going out to dinner together and leave. Right," Al checked.
"Right." Kat pursed her lips.
"What?"
"Are we gonna be gone for-forever?" Noah turned to face Kat.
"I don't know, but I do know that whatever happens, you all are the best friends I  could ever ask for. I love you all and I am not going to let anything happen to you all. Ok? Feel better now?"
"Yeah." Kat forced a smile on her face. Kyle thought it looked more like a grimace. They were cute together. Kyle smiled at their height difference. Noah was easily 6 foot. Kat was hardly five two.
"The stress is gettin to ya, buddy." Al clapped Kyle on the shoulder.
"Ehh... I'm not so sure about that. Anyways, where are we going?"
"Well, if you paid attention, you'd know. " Noah smiled, jokingly.
"But seriously, where?"
Noah smiled mischeviously. "Across the Unforgiving Sea, of course."