Chapter 3

Chance walked through the field behind Tim's house. The warm sun and fresh air felt good after being couped up in the hospital for so long. He came upon a large oak tree, sitting down to rest for a few minutes. He'd made remarkable progress the past few months but still found times he tired easily. This worried him some, hoping it wouldn't delay his getting back to work with the guys and touring again.

****
Tim woke to the ringing of his phone. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, he grabbed his glasses to read the caller ID. Laughing slightly he answered " Good Morning Mother Hen"

"Ha ha" Jenika responded. "Actually I called to inform you of a request we just received to help with a benefit, but seeing as you brought it up, how's he doing this morning "

"Don't know, haven't heard from him since we left last night. Not like he called me at the asscrack of dawn like someone else I know" he yawned.

Jenika rolled her eyes on the other end, smiling at his response. "Umm, its 11 am. You haven't seen the 'asscrack of dawn' as you put it in quit some time" she laughed.

Tim looked at the clock. Yup, 11 am. He hadn't slept all night or that late in months, it felt good, he needed it. And she was right. The past two years consisted of worry, pain and drinking. Worry about Chance, the pain of what he was going through and the memories of Caroline. The drinking numbed the pain but it was also taking it's toll on him.

"Tim?...Tim?...ugh, did you fall back to sleep" Jenika asked loudly into the phone, breaking him from his thoughts.

"Damn, girl stop yelling" he scolded.

"Did you hear what I said" she asked slightly annoyed. "Yes" he replied.

"Yeah, right..anyway Adam wants to do a video conference call at 2 pm their time. He wants Chance present too, if he feels up to it" she informed him.

"Ok, sounds good. I'll ask him as soon as I get showered" he replied.

"Move it along, time's a wasting" she told him.

"Yes Mom" Tim replied. "Shut up" she laughed hanging up. Tim smiled, he enjoyed teasing her, actually he found himself enjoying her mere presence whenever she was around. He thought back to the first time he met her, at the party Heather had for Chance when he came home on break. She was pretty, young and he immediately felt attracted to her. "No...stop it, you can't, it's not right, it's too soon" he said aloud, finally getting out of bed.