Chapter 8: Band members

It was when I opened my eyes that I knew something was not normal. I was not in my room, not in my bed and definitely not alone. This was Harry’s room and Harry’s bed and he was sleeping just a couple of inches from me. I got a really good view of his tattoos. Apparently he slept without a t-shirt, what was not hard to understand because it was summer, and even for London it was quite warm the past couple of days. I stared at him for a while, taking in his steady, slow, peaceful breathing. He looked so normal and harmless. I was upset for not going back to my room last night, but somehow I didn’t had the will to go back now either. But I had to… I couldn’t stay. If the boys saw me leaving his room, they would think the wrong things. So I stood up, as silent as possible, and quietly walked towards his bedroom door.

‘Ya leaving?’ Harry croaked out, in a sleepy voice, turning himself around in his bed.

‘Yes, I’m sorry for falling asleep here. Was not my intention.’ I said softly, not really knowing if he was already asleep again or not.

‘s’ good.’ Harry said back between sleep and awake.

‘Thanks for letting me stay though…’ I whispered. He couldn’t have heard that. I didn’t really want him to either. But I was thankful for it. He had been really nice to me and although he didn’t explain his previous behavior, he didn’t send me away. He listened. He listened to my nightmare. And that meant a lot.

Once I was in my room again, happy nobody saw me coming out of Harry’s bedroom, I started getting myself ready. I was surprised to see it was already one o’clock in the afternoon. Normally I never slept that long. It also told me that Harry slept probably most of the time when he was sitting in his room. I already figured out he was quite a night person, not really fan of the day.

After a fresh shower I was just ready to start with my make up when someone knocked on my bedroom door. I rushed myself in a t-shirt and a sweatpants, before I opened the door. I expected Niall, but I was surprised to see a blond woman stand in front of me.

‘Hi, I’m Lou Teasdale!’ She gave me a friendly handshake and a lovely smile. ‘I’m coming to do your hair and make-up, if that’s okay?’ She asked holding a little box up with probably a lot of make-up and hair tools.

‘Oh, I can’t do it myself?’ I was surprised. That was for sure. Nobody had ever done my make-up or hair.

‘I’m sure you can, Y/N. But for award shows it all needs to be a bit more glitter and glamour.’ She answered my question. I couldn’t hold back a frustrated sigh. This was not my definition of fun, at all. Not only Lou laughed, but I heard a lower laugh coming from a distance. And when I followed the sound, my eyes fell on an amused Harry.

‘Mel, you do realize this is a quite big event where we’re going to? You need to look fine. Otherwise people are going to say bad things about you.’ There was something in his voice. And I couldn’t explain what it was. Maybe a hint of anger? But why would he be angry?

‘I was planning on putting my converse on underneath my dress?’ I said hesitantly. But when Lou and Harry burst into laughter, I knew I was doomed to get those stupid, way too high, heels on. And I wore heels sometimes. But just not that high. I wasn’t a Rihanna or Beyonce. I wasn’t a big star or something. It was stupid that I had to go through all this just so people would like me. They probably weren’t going to either way. I let Lou pass into my room and I gave Harry a funny face behind her back.

‘You’re weird.’ He said turning he’s back on me, walking to the stairs.

‘You’re even weirder!’ I yelled after him and before he could say anything back, I shut my door, not really ready for my metamorphose.