Chapter 2: Haz and Mel

After putting on a casual outfit that would be good for a fake date, I went downstairs where Niall and Louis were watching TV. Harry was nowhere to be seen.

‘Did you guys see Harry at some point?’ I asked, what made them look up at me.

‘Yeah, you guys have a date? I think he already left…’ Louis said hesitantly.

‘He what?’ My mouth literally fell open. I was mad at myself for being so surprised. But why would he just leave without me? I was his date for God sake! I rolled my eyes, heading to the front door. ‘Is there a car I can use?’ I mumbled, frustrated.

‘The park is not that far, you can walk by foot! The weather is nice. Otherwise you’ll need to wait for a taxi. We don’t have a car yet.’ Niall explained and I sighed out of frustration, again.

‘Get it. See you later.’ I said, while closing the front door behind me. I couldn’t hide my sudden urge to just walk away from this. Maybe he wasn’t worth it after all. Besides, there was nothing holding me here. Nobody knew who I was. Nobody cared. So I still had a chance on a further normal life. And somehow there was this thing inside me that basically pulled me to the park. And I hated that thing. I often wondered what it was. What was it that kept me from stopping all of this? I had no clue, but it worked. Because ten minutes later I entered the park and I immediately noticed Harry and all the paparazzi around him. And the weird thing about it was, that he absolutely didn’t mind. He was posing for pictures and talking with them about God knows what. And I just thought it was weird. Especially when I saw a couple of fans standing nearby and he didn’t even look at them. I stood there, not really knowing what to do, when suddenly Harry’s eyes met mine. I saw him making a sign to the paparazzi that they needed to wait for a second and than he made his way to me. ‘Finally. That took long.’ He said in between his teeth. If I could kill someone with my eyes, I would choose to do it now and I would want to kill him. Right here on the spot, no mercy.

‘If you cared enough to wait for me, we could’ve come together.’ I bit back.

‘Yeah but here’s a little fact for you, Mel. I. Don’t. Care.’ He made sure to emphasize those last three words. But it didn’t really bother me what his last words were. There was something else that made me want to punch him in the face.

‘Mel?’ I repeated with clenched teeth.

‘Yes, Mel. Now com’n and act like my girlfriend instead of an idiot.’ He said while grabbing my hand, but I wasn’t going to let him beat me down that easily. So I pulled my hand back and glared at him.

‘Okay, Styles. I don’t like this. I don’t like you. Just like you don’t like me. But if you want to have your fucking money, you’ll need a fake girlfriend. And I’m only doing that if you stop calling me idiot or any other word. And I don’t ever want to hear you call me Mel again. Got it?’ I tried to make it sound as silent and innocent as possible, so the paparazzi wouldn’t catch something wrong. It satisfied me that for only two seconds Harry didn’t know what to respond. But when he gathered himself he gave me a dark look, just before he grabbed my hand, turned around and smiled walking into the cameras. And I couldn’t help but feel so stupid. This was bullshit. How could the world ever believe there was something between us?

‘Harry? Who’s this girl?’

‘Is she your girlfriend?’

‘What’s your name?’

The questions kept coming and I felt overwhelmed by it all. Harry was ready to answer them all. But I needed him to get his attention off of the paparazzi. So I pulled his arm towards the fans.

‘What are you doing?’ He whispered, mad. I didn’t answer his question and I tightened my grip on his hand so he couldn’t get away.

‘I think they want to meet you.’ I said to Harry, pointing to the little girls in front of us. And I could read in his face that I totally took him off guard.