Chapter 4: Saving

This party was not for me. That was pretty obvious from the beginning. From the moment we had entered there were girls hanging all over Harry. And I couldn’t blame them. He was one of the best looking men in this place right now. But there was something about he communicated with them. He didn’t look interested in what they were saying. He didn’t look at them like they meant something. They all handed him drinks and at one point I thought maybe he just did it to get free drinks. But that didn’t make sense at all. His bank account almost exploded from the money. He could easily pay the drink of every single person in the room right now. The whole time I was sitting on this little bar chair, watching him, observing him, like he was a case I tried to figure out but it was so hard. I looked up and was taken out of my thoughts, when an older boy sat himself next to me.

‘You’re Harry’s date?’ He asked, immediately to the point. I didn’t really thought about that. My first instinct was to say no. But then I remembered the whole fake girlfriend part and also the whole reason why I even was here.

‘Yes. I am.’ I smiled, a little bit ashamed, because after all Harry was surrounded by girls and he didn’t even look at me once. I was actually glad paparazzi were not allowed in here. Because this wouldn’t look good at all.

‘You’re not getting a lot of attention. It’s a shame I think. Such a beautiful lady like you.’ I kind of started to get a little bit worried when I saw the way he was looking at me. He looked at me like he wanted to eat me. And that grossed me out, big time.

‘It’s not that bad, in fact. I’m going to see him now.’ I said, happy with my excuse but the moment I jumped for the chair, he grabbed my arm, keeping me from moving further.

‘Come with me.’ He said, looking dangerously into my eyes.

‘No, I’m sorry. I’m not. Please let me go.’ But instead of loosening his grip, he tightened it and it really hurt.

‘I think I’d rather not. I-,’ But before he could finish his sentence, he got interrupted by a fist colliding with his face. He instantly let go of my arm when he stumbled back.

‘DON’T FUCKING TOUCH HER!’ Harry slurred, placing himself in front of me. He was completely wasted and his fist was bleeding. When I looked over to where he was before I only found a couple of girls looking shocked towards the scene. I needed to get him home now, before anyone could pull out their camera and make this even worse. So I slightly, gently pulled his arm, making him look at me.

‘Com’n… We need to go home Haz.’ I said to him, softly.

‘But he hurt you.’ He said, full of emotion. He was so drunk. Why did I not notice this earlier?

‘It’s okay now. It’s okay. We’re going home.’ I assured him, and it surprised me when he nodded and followed me. I needed to support him because he wasn’t even able to walk straight anymore.

‘I saved you… Didn’t I?’ He said while we were walking outside, satisfied with himself.

‘Kind of… yeah… maybe…’ I answered, not letting him get too full of himself. But yes. Maybe he did kind of save me. And I wondered why from the second he did it. Because it seemed like he wasn’t watching me for the whole time being there. But maybe he did, because otherwise he wouldn’t have seen this happen. And why did he even bother coming between me and that creep?

‘Than we’re equal here.’ And with that little sentence he took me off guard and I almost let him fall down out of surprise.

‘What?’ I said, stopping myself what made him stand still as well.

‘You saved me too. You are saving me.’ He stammered, not realizing anything from what he was saying. And I decided to leave it there. But I could imagine myself thinking about it for the rest of the night.