Chapter 12: She's mine

Harry POV

I was driving for more than half an hour right now and I was completely filled with worries. I had no clue where to go. I doubted each road to go left or right. What if I went right and she was left? The unknown killed me and at this point I didn’t even care if the others found her first. I just wanted her to be okay. Louis texted me that Zayn stayed at the mansion to be sure she wouldn’t come home without us knowing. Liam was driving the car with Niall. Louis had called Paul, one of our best security guards, and was on the road with him. When I felt rain drops on my skin, I swear I could start yelling and screaming out of frustration right  now. Like it could only get more worse. I felt miserable, not knowing where she was or how she was. What did she do to make me care about her so much in such a short period of time? I couldn’t get my head around it. My heart stopped when my lights catched a person on the sidewalk about fifteen meters from me. It wasn’t a man. She looked like a girl. She definitely was a girl.

It was her.

‘Melanie?’ I called her name, and the weight that fell off my shoulders when she turned around and I saw her face, was unbelievable. I stopped my motorcycle on the side of the road and ran to her. Only then I could really take in her appearance. She was drenched. She only wore a jeans and a light T-shirt. She was freezing. ‘God. Shit… Are you alright?’ I said when she reached me and I immediately pulled her into my arms. Not caring about what she thought about it. I just needed to hold her for a second to believe she was really here. She was shaking and her teeth were chattering so hard she wasn’t even able to talk anymore. ‘You’re alright. Baby. You’re okay. I’m here. I’m going to take you home, okay?’ I whispered into her hair, holding her close to my chest. I didn’t want to let her go. But I knew she needed to be out of this rain and coldness. I hated myself for not buying a car because I knew the motor ride would only make it more cold for her. So I gave her my jacket. I had another one under my seat and I gave it to her as well. I had her helmet with me and helped her getting it over her head. She barely could move. I led her to the motorcycle and helped her on it. ‘You need to hold me. Okay? Can you do that?’ I scanned her face, I needed her to nod for me. ‘It’s not far. We’re not far from the mansion. Just hold on for me… Okay?’ And when she finally nodded, telling me she was okay with it, ready to go to a warm place, I sat myself in front of her. I rapidly texted Zayn to let him know I found her and that he should warn the lads. And then I started my motor, ready to bring her home.

The whole drive I was struggling with driving fast or slow. Fast to get her home sooner and slow to make it not too cold for her. I felt her body shiver behind me and she tried really hard to keep holding onto my chest. I was so happy when I finally reached the driveway of our mansion. Our car and Pauls car were already parked, so I guessed they were already back. I helped her off the motorcycle and led her to the front door. When we entered, immediately everybody was standing there. Niall was already taking her into the living room, while Liam and Zayn were getting some warm blankets and I felt my frustration bottle up inside me.

‘Okay. Okay. That’s enough. She’s going to put some dry clothes on first.’ I groaned, taking her back from Niall. I didn’t even look at his reaction, I only had eyes for her. I took her upstairs and helped her to get to her room. ‘Are you good, or do you need help?’ I asked, not really sure what to do.

‘M… f-. f-. fine.’ She stuttered when she let go of my arm.

‘No, you’re not. But I guess it means you can change yourself?’ She nodded. And I wanted to go. I wanted to leave her, let her do her thing. But I couldn’t. She wasn’t okay. She wasn’t stable yet. ‘Is it okay if I stay, though?’ I asked her softly, and her confused eyes met mine. ‘I will turn around. I’m not looking. I promise. I just want to be here if you need me.’ She doubted for a couple of seconds. I saw her deciding if she could trust me on that. And of course she could. I would never lie about that. So eventually she agreed and I turned my back on her and waited. I heard her teeth still slightly chattering and the stumbling sound of her feet going from the one end to the other end of the room. When I heard nothing for a couple of seconds, I felt anxious. ‘You okay there?’ I said trying to sound calm, although I really wasn’t.