Chapter 13: Dates and trips

Melanie POV

Things changed. Harry and myself had been on a couple of dates and two public events so far. But from now the days were filled with dates and trips to places I didn’t even know. It was visibly noticeable that Harry hated it. But he didn’t do anything about it… He just did what they told him to do. And I remembered him calling with Paula on that one night, but when I asked him about it, he never seemed to respond or answer the question. And the other lads had no idea what was going on either. It was not that Harry changed towards me. He was nice. We were good. But it was his behavior about everything else, that bothered me. When we were in the mansion, he was constantly calling people on his phone. Often I heard him even yell, but I never understood what it was about. When Paula messaged the both of us where we needed to be on a date, he was visibly frustrated and angry when we left. And again… Not with me… He didn’t blame me anymore.

When he told me he checked my twitter just before he left to go search for me, I was kind of angry. I never expected him to go that far to even know where I was. But soon enough I realized that, if he didn’t, I probably had froze to death. Not really a nice thought. So I let it go. And I forgave him for looking in my laptop. He ordered me not to ever check twitter again, nor listen to what anyone had to say about me on television or in real life. And although it was easier said than done, I listened to him. Because he cared… And that was important to me. He cared enough to tell me not to do those things.

We went to restaurants, shopping trips, beach visits and all sorts of things. We hardly even were home. It was from the one public date to the other and I wondered if people weren’t going to get tired of us. But I figured management kind of knew what they were doing and I liked being with Harry, so I didn’t object. Harry was starting to get really important. More important than I ever imagined him to be. It was weird that even though he was the reason I got into all of this, he was also the reason I stayed alive in all the madness. He helped me. And I tried to help him too. When paparazzi were getting on his nerves, and that was so often lately, I tried to calm him down by squeezing his hand or gripping his waist. Just to let him know that I was there, and everything was fine. He just needed to leave it, and explode afterwards. Because he did that, every time. When we would come home from a date and paparazzi had bothered us to much for his liking, he literally slammed with every door until he reached his room. And it was so weird to think that a couple of weeks ago, he was the biggest paparazzi lover I had ever seen. The boys noticed the obvious change as well. Every time we came home like that, they looked at me worriedly, afraid something had happened, but something never happened. He always seemed to hold it in fairly good. And I was proud of him. So everytime he was angry, I followed him silently to his room and when I entered I normally always found him standing by his window. Pushed over things were laying all over the floor from all the built up anger. I quietly would walk towards him and wrap my arms around his chest from behind. I could feel every bit of stress and tension in his body. ‘You did great.’ I whispered every time… Because he DID great. And with those words he relaxed and the bad mood decreased, but it never really was gone unfortunately. He seemed frustrated all the time and I had no idea why.

His relationship with the boys was better than ever. Because of all our dates it was hard for them to spend time together. But when they did, it was great. On moments like these, Harry forgot his worries, or whatever they were, for a short period of time. Sometimes I joined them and other times I let them have their moment. And I loved when these moments happened, not that I didn’t like to be around Harry, because I obviously loved that, it was just that I really gained a great love for the boys all together. And I really wished and hoped for them to be completely okay again.

It was on the start of my fourth week in the mansion when Paula messaged me to say that I needed to pack my stuff because me and Harry were going on vacation. And that surprised me because there tour would start in a week and I figured Harry wasn’t really in the mood for any vacation  now. I was completely right about that when suddenly Harry stormed into my room.