Chapter 11: The best and worst day

I woke up from a stumbling sound in the room. I realized Harry’s arms weren’t wrapped around me anymore. And I missed them… After my nightmare I had basically the best hours of sleep since I’ve been here. And I blamed it on his arms. I could literally face palm myself because this was absolutely not what had to happen. I wasn’t supposed to feel this way about him. I wasn’t supposed to long for his touch or his smile or even his eyes meeting mine. I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with him. I wasn’t supposed to do any of that. But I did. And it scared the hell out of me. When I opened my eyes I saw Harry putting on his t-shirt and jeans. I wasn’t a big fan of tattoos, but there was something about his tattoos that I liked. It almost fitted him perfectly and maybe that was the reason I liked it so much on him. I jumped a little when suddenly Harry’s eyes met mine. He definitely caught me staring at him.

‘Did I wake you up?’ It surprised me he didn’t joke about me staring at him. He didn’t even smile. He just looked at me, waiting for me to answer his question.

‘I heard stumbling.’ I answered him and he nodded frustrated. I couldn’t really figure out he was frustrated with me or with himself.

‘I’m sorry. You can sleep though. I’m going away with the boys. A day off, like you said.’ He gave me a little smile, and I wondered if he really wanted to do this.

‘Are you okay with that? I asked him, hoping he would answer honestly.

‘I’m not sure I guess. I hope it doesn’t end with a One Direction split.’ He joked but I saw he was actually worried about it. I saw it in his eyes. ‘And if it does, you’re responsible.’ He pointed at me.

‘I think I’m safe then!’ I stated. They were not going to split. I knew how much they cared about each other. I had seen it. This was what they needed.

Harry grabbed a sweater and his wallet before he walked to the door. ‘You can stay here, but just don’t make a mess of my room, thank you. And if you do. You’ll be the one to clean it up.’

I rolled my eyes at him. He was ready to leave the room, but I really needed him to know one more thing. ‘Haz?’ I spoke and he turned around hearing my voice. And I immediately saw the tenseness in his eyes, the fear of failing this chance he had. And I felt sorry for him. Because I knew how much he wanted this to work. ‘It’s going to be fine…’ I smiled softly at him. He smiled back and nodded nervously before he really left the room and I was alone again.

Harry POV

Leaving Mel was harder than I wanted it to be. I started to get used to her presence. Especially when she spend the nights with me. I didn’t sleep all night from the moment she laid in my arms. And it wasn’t because I couldn’t sleep. I was tired. I just didn’t want too. Her touch was electric. I didn’t know how she did it but she made me weak and at the same time also really strong. She makes me literally crazy. And it was from the moment I locked eyes on her that I had this feeling. The first moment I saw her, I wanted to hate her. I really did. But you just can’t hate a girl like that. She looks so innocent and yet so strong and confident. She knows what she wants and she knows what I want… She knows much more than I want her to know just by looking at me. It’s like she reads me. She knows when I need her touch and she lets me know when she needs mine. She knows how to push my limits. She knows exactly how to break me. But she won’t. I just know she won’t. I trust her. And that was something I didn’t have with many people… But I did, I trust her.

It was so weird to be nervous about going on a day trip with the boys who were supposed to be my best friends. And they were… That’s what made it so weird. They were my best friends for four years now. We had this kind of habit to go on road trips together. It was hard for the five of us to do things because people would recognize us mostly, what was sometimes quite frustrating. When we are in the car, we don’t meet people and that’s what made it interesting. So we decided to do it again. And it was a long time ago that I laughed so hard and had such a great time. Liam drove, Zayn sat beside him. And Louis, Niall and me were sitting in the backseat. Just like the old days. Louis and Niall were the ones to lift the mood. They always did. Louis started to tell a random story about a woman he met on the award show. And it ended up being so funny, even Zayn and Liam started to laugh. Mostly because Nialls laugh was so obvious. And when Niall laughed, everyone needed to laugh. And from that moment it was okay. It felt okay. It felt amazing. It felt like how it used to feel. It felt like me and my best mates having an awesome day together. And I missed it. I missed it so much. I realized only now how much I missed it.