Chapter 5: The Trout Pond

THE TROUT POND

Janie impacted the pond's surface, falling into the water and creating an enormous splash. Trying to swim up, she realized she had gotten a leg cramp. Struggling to hold her breath and panicking, the water rushed into her nostrils and opened-mouth, stifling her. Her vision started to get blurry as she started to float. She felt something holding her by her waist with such strength ascending to the surface before she blackout. Jason swam up quickly to the surface, resting her body on the shore before he did CPR on her. Then her eyes shot open as she spat water into his face and mouth.

Jason wiped his face, made a weird face and scolded, 'Hey!'

As Janie sat up quickly and shook his shoulders. 'You nearly killed me, stupid!'

'What? I saved you, you ungrateful woman,' Jason said.

Janie laughed sarcastically, 'I should sue you because your damn horse tried to run me over like a dead badger!"

Jason shook his head and stood up glaring at her, 'Next time, wait at the door. Then Starburst wouldn't be your admirer, city princess' and started walking away.

'I'm not a princess, you frog...!' Janie yelled and got up stamping right after him.

Jason frowned and looked back, 'Then I shouldn't have turned you into one, little chicken' and smirked leaping onto Survival who started walking away.

'Don't walk away from me! How am I supposed to get to the house?' Janie shouted.

Jason laughed, 'You better run, chicken. The crocodiles love a good supper.'

Janie turned back, looked at the pond and ran away from it. 'Hey! Give me a lift, I don't want to be eaten...!'

Jason thought, 'How can she be so gullible when it's a trout pond' and then he overheard the waterworks. He faced her and saw that she was crying.

'Cowboys are the worst!' Janie shrieked and then she ran away from him and Survival.

Survival was upset by his current decision. He overreacted beneath him. 'Okay, okay, boy. We'll go after her.' Then he calmed down. He went to her, swallowing his pride as she stopped weeping and started walking away, 'Come on, you can't walk here for long.'

'I can do it! So leave me alone,' Janie answered rolling her eyes.

Jason thought, 'What a stubborn woman? She probably had guys run for the hills.' He chuckled lightly to himself and sighed, 'Hey, come on now, this is my final offer on the market.'

'It will be evening when I get there,' Janie mumbled and bit her lower lip, looking at the long distance to the mansion.

Jason was getting impatient. He leaped off Survival and then lift-up her body.

'What are you doing? Put me down this instant, you pervert!' Janie exclaimed.

He answered, 'Will you calm down for a second!' and carried her on his shoulder. Before placing her on her belly on the back of his horse. Then Survival fatted as soon as Jason jumped on.

'Did your horse just fat in my face?' Janie complained fanning the smell away.

Jason laughed, 'Perhaps it's from all the beans he's been eating.'

'Horses eat wheat, not beans!' Janie yelled.

Jason grinned, 'Welcome to Tennessee, darling. Hold on tight, Miss. It's about to get bumpy.'

He commanded Survival to go and he sped to the house. In a matter of seconds, they arrived to be greeted by his friends, Yint, Fennell and his cousin, Rachel. Janie slid off Survival, quarreling before she started puking.

'Don't eat much next time. I told you it would be a bumpy ride getting here,' Jason smirked.

Janie glared at him, 'Why don't you shut up?' and then she stared at his friends and cousin before introducing herself. 'Hi! I'm Janie Stone, the owner of this property. I would like to know where the bathroom is?'

Yint and Fennell covered their laughter with fake smiles since Jason was mocking her from behind.

Rachel had to be the mature one in the bunch. 'I'll take you there, Janie.'

Janie glared at the guys and then Jason rolled her eyes walking past him. 'Thank you...uh..' gesturing for her name.

'Call me, Rachel,' Rachel smiled. 'I'm Jason's cousin,' she identified her relations to Jason.

Janie gulped, 'Oh?' and followed her inside the modernised mansion up the staircase.

'I don't bite hard like my cousin. He has always been a troublemaker in our childhood days,' Rachel laughed.

Janie nodded, 'I see, the others are?'

'Our childhood friends, Fennell and Yint,' Rachel explained. 'Are you interested in them?' She asked.

Janie laughed, 'Heavens, no! I think I had enough of guys already.'

'You were in a relationship before?' Rachel asked.

Janie nodded, 'That's until I found out he was a married guy with four children, husband to a famous actress and has a supermodel mistress and stole half of my company's money.'