Chapter 8: The Plan

THE PLAN

Fennell stood at the top of the staircase when he overheard Rachel's and Janie's conversation. He smiled in thought, 'Let's give Yint a good show, Rachel.' Then he turned to the hallway and went on his way to his bedroom. Meanwhile, Jason found Yint at the trout pond throwing oval stones on the water's surface as it skipped and sank. Starburst approached Jason when Yint turned around and he saw him patting his white horse.

'What have you been up to?' Jason asked.

Yint went back to throwing stones. 'Just thinking.'

'About what? or whom? Nian?' Jason quipped smirking.

Yint blushed and frowned, 'Should it matter?'

'I think so I've never seen you gaze at a photo of someone with such tenderness, Yint, except for Rachel,' Jason replied and started throwing stones against the water watching it skip across.

Yint rolled his eyes with a sigh. 'Can we not talk about her?' and then he continued, 'Your cousin is like a bullet that shattered my heart and pride as a man.'

'Alright, alright,' Jason said. 'So you're finally giving up?' He asked.

Yint glared at his best friend and sighed with a small smile. 'I don't see why not to? Plus, Nian is cuter than her.'

'I knew it. So did you like her,' Jason laughed and saw his friend blush.

Yint sucked his teeth and punched his shoulder lightly, 'Shut up, I don't even know if she will like me.'

'She will don't worry about it, Yint,' Jason assured and wrapped an arm around Yint's shoulders and added, 'Maybe Starburst might be attracted to her like when Janie was running for her life!' as they laughed.

Yint smiled, 'That's if she wears something shiny' and their laughter continued.

The day after Janie arrived, Nian showed up on the estate parked outside the beautiful farmhouse in their driveway. She stepped out of the truck dressed in a white long sleeve blouse, black pants, circular shades, heels and a beanie. She saw Yint coming out the front door dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans looking straight at her. Nian watched him and thought, 'Whoa...Who is that?' and she smiled.

The delivery guys named Monty, Henry and Clark called her. 'Ms. Miller!'

'I'm coming!' Nian raced behind the truck and saw the guys open the door.

Henry said, 'We're going to start unloading now.'

'Okay,' Nian answered and watched the guys bring her stuff outside, carrying it inside the open house which Yint allowed in.

Clark took her suitcases to the porch and started talking with Yint. 'You're the owner of this house?'

'No, I'm his best friend, that's Nian Miller, right?' Yint informed.

The delivery guy, Clark explained, 'Oh? Yep, it's her. Can you give us a hand with her stuff? This girl has a ton of things packed in that small truck of ours.'

'Sure,' Yint laughed walking over to their truck.

While Monty and Nian carried the bill of pink-peach-glittered fabric to the front entrance, she was greeted by Yint with a smile who decided to help her out, 'Give it to me, Miss' and he took it away from her.

'Oh, thank you,' Nian smiled. 'It's pretty heavy though I have a ton to carry in.'

Yint nodded with a smile. 'It's okay, the guys and I can handle it, Nian, right?'

'Yeah, Janie told you about me? She told you I was coming to stay for the two weeks, right?' Nian asked.

Yint answered, 'Yes, she shows us a cute picture of you so we should have known you when we saw you.'

'As expected of her,' Nian laughed and blushed. 'And you are...?' gesturing for his name.

Yint smiled, 'Kim Yint...' before could finish his greeting, Janie interrupted.

'Nian!' She was running out of the doorway with open arms.

Nian shouted, 'Janie!' running toward her best friend as she hugged her.

'You made it!' Janie hugged her and then released her with a smile.

Nian laughed, 'Yeah, I did. This place wasn't hard to find you know' and then Janie giggled.

Yint couldn't take his eyes off the fashionista; the young designer made his heart flutter. Sinking old feelings for an old crush into the ocean replacing them with real love. Walking past her with another bill of fabric, he whispered beside her ear, 'I want to know more about you, Nian.'

'Huh?' Nian faced him a bit too close for comfort. Their lips were inches from touching each other as she stepped back blushing.

Yint smirked, 'Nice to finally meet you, Nian,' strolling past her into the house.

When Rachel, Fennell and Jason exited the doorway. 'You must be Nian?' He asked.

'I take it you're Jason, Janie's rescuer?' Nian quipped with a giggle.

Janie palmed her face and scolded, 'Really, Nian? You had to blurt it out.'

Jason smirked at Janie, 'You were talking about me?'

She blushed, putting her hands on her hips and stood in front of him. 'It doesn't mean anything.'

'Yeah....that's what you're saying now little Miss Perfect,' Jason smiled mischievously.

Nian giggled and thought, 'Those two are going to rock the house,' and then she turned around and found Yint gazing at her as she looked another way. 'That guy is going ruin me if I fall for him....but he's cute. Ah...get a grip on yourself, girl. You came here to find inspiration and help Janie out. Not fall in love. Lord, please help me survive these two weeks.'

Fennell saw in Yint's eyes and face, a different look; it was like love had finally kicked into his stubborn heart. 'You like her, don't you?' He whispered.

Yint laughed, 'What? No...come on, this fashionista doesn't have one drop of Country in her soul.'

'You don't know that yet, Yint. Unless you try her for yourself,' Fennell mumbled.

Yint smirked, 'We'll see about that,' focusing on Nian who was observing the surroundings and fascinated by the landscape and horses as she smiled.