Chapter 6: Introductions

Introductions

Rachel's eyes widened, 'Damn!' as she said, 'You've been through a lot.'

'The worst of it all, he made me headline news with him, framing me as his obsessive gold-digger mistress that wrecked his marriage. When he was the one, an obsessive gold-digger, I thought the guy was sweet and all doing charity work. He used me to make himself even richer,' Janie added furiously.

Rachel's mouth dropped open. 'Oh no!' as she frowned, that good-for-nothing cheapskate, brick head. At least thank God you got out of there.'

'Yeah, thank God I did,' Janie smiled. 'Now I'm recovering quite well since my best friend helped me,' she admitted truthfully.

Rachel arrived at the bathroom and she escorted her inside and then stepped outside, 'Great for you, I'll be outside if you need anything.'

'Thanks, Rachel,' Janie thanked her.

'It's no problem at all,' Rachel smiled as she closed the door.

Immediately, Janie called Nian who was on a plane flying to America.

As soon as Nian answered, 'Yeah, Jan!' she explained the whole fiasco that happened as Nian laughed, 'Seriously, a horse that likes shiny things. Next time wear black you might attract Jason's horse, Survival.'

Janie wished sometimes she could pinch her best friend's cheeks, 'Nian! I also got killed...!'

'Sorry, I wish I was there to see that and then videotape it and post it on my YouTube fashion blog,' Nian said and calmed down from laughing.

Janie laughed, 'You wouldn't dare?'

'Maybe I would,' Nian chuckled.

Janie shrieked, 'Nian!'

She giggled, 'Okay, okay! Let's be serious about this. You can survive this craziness. Remember, let Jason and them know I'll be arriving soon.'

Janie assured her, 'Yeah, I will. Jason's cousin Rachel seems awesome and she's beautiful too.'

'I bet Jason's friends have a crush on her. Maybe they have a crush on you too,' Nian replied.

Janie laughed, 'Doubt it.'

'Is Jason Applewhite a hot cutie?' Nian asked.

Janie didn't want to admit it but her heart and eyes couldn't lie.

'Yes, he is. Plus his friends, Yint and Fennell aren't bad either. Maybe one of them could fall for you, Nian,' she answered.

'Me? No way,' Nian laughed. 'I believe Jason's white apple might poison your heart,' she joked.

Janie retorted, 'Who do you take me for? Snow White?'

Nian smirked, 'The fairness of them all, honey' and laughed. 'I'll call you when I arrive in Tennessee.'

'Okay, have a great flight, bye,' Janie smiled.

Nian replied, 'Yeah, bye.'

Minutes later, inside the dining room, they were seated by a long elegant table. They started with proper introductions.

'Janie, you've met Jason Applewhite, your rescuer,' Fennell started.

'Who I should sue,' Janie glared at Jason who grinned.

'Calm your tits, cowgirl, there's plenty of apples to go around,' Jason teased.

Janie felt insulted as she ignored him, mumbling, 'As if I want your apple.'

Then Rachel continued, 'Janie, still, he has a preschooler's brain' and she laughed.

'I can see that,' Janie giggled.

Fennell introduced himself, 'I'm Fennell Miguel Cook. Nice to finally meet you, we've heard a lot about you from Jason.'

'Based on what his lawyer told him, I'm Kim Yint by the way,' Yint informed with a smile.

'You've met my cousin, Rachel Pearlstein, the finest pastry chef in Tennessee,' Jason added.

'Fluttery will get you some cupcakes, cousin,' Rachel smiled.

Fennell smirked, 'Then you're the prettiest chef in the world. I would rather have you serve me my cupcakes everyday. I'll order tons tomorrow, Rach.'

'Nell, stop joking around,' Rachel blushed as she giggled.

Fennell stared deep into her eyes. 'I'm serious, Rach.'

'He's serious,' Yint and Jason stated.

Janie intervened, 'Sorry but my best friend, Nian is coming to stay with us if you don't mind.'

The guys watched her surprisingly, 'Huh?'

Rachel smiled, 'We don't mind the extra company.'

'How old is she? What does she do?' Yint asked sounding a bit interested.

Fennell asked, 'Can we see a picture of her?' and instantly, Rachel got annoyed with his reaction and question. She got jealous.

'Sure, Fennell,' Janie answered and pocketed out her smartphone. She strolled down her camera photos and chose her favourite picture of her and her best friend on the cruise ship in the Caribbean. 'Here she is, she's twenty-six years old and she's a famous fashion designer in Paris.'