Chapter 13: Dinner Time

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm just really busy with all of my school work. School started a month ago and to be honest, it feels like I've been hit by a truck. Anyway, just to make it up to you, I made this chapter extra long.

Enjoy!

~Bhumi Sukha

..........

Yuri's P.O.V

I was excused from training for the day. I don't know why. I'm in good health and in great shape. It's just that that Luca character told me that what I had learned was enough for my brain and he instructed me to go back to my room and wait for dinner. As I was waiting in my room, I couldn't help but think about what happened earlier.

'How about I work with Yuri since she's one of the only people I can stand for more than an hour without being completely pissed off?' Krys's voice reverberated through my head over and over again.

'...she's one of the only people I can stand...'

That one specific phrase keeps repeating over and over in my head.

'She doesn't completely hate me?' I think to myself.

'Well, I mean she can stand you. You still don't know if she hates you or not. But you do know that she can stand you.' my brain responds back.

I'm suddenly launched out of my thoughts as I hear a loud knock come from my door. My head snaps in the direction of the door and I cautiously walk towards it. The knocking gets more impatient and louder as I make my way towards it. I yank the door open when I'm certain that it's someone that I know. The open doorway revealed a very cranky Luca.

"What took you so long?" Luca's annoyed voice makes an appearance.

"I was making sure that there was no one there to attack me. I was just being cautious." I explain in a cold tone.

He didn't have to snap at me for taking this long when he was actually the one that was super late for the tour earlier today.

"Anyway, it's time for dinner. I just thought you should know." He says, completely ignoring what I had said earlier.

I just nod in reply and look at the clock on the wall behind me to see that it was 8:30 in the evening already. I turn back around to ask him if he would walk with me, but when I turned around he was already gone.

'What crawled up his ass this afternoon?' I ask myself.

I just shake my head and slip on a pair of flats that were lying beside the door and walk out make my sure that my door was closed before making my way to the canteen set up they had going on downstairs.

............

As I'm nearing the canteen doors, the loud noise of conversation grows. I push open the canteen doors and a wall of noise blasts past me.

'This is my life now...' I think to myself.

I take a look around the canteen. The setup for tables is similar to how a canteen setup would be in a school. There are long tables with chairs going down in rows with little clusters of people around specific areas. The clusters are so obvious that you can clearly see where one group of friends ends and another one begins. I look to the left to see a line of some sorts. Before the line, there are stacks of plates on a table with spoons, and forks, the knives seemed to be missing. I look closer to the line to see a table with food set in it and people with plates in a line, serving themselves.

I look even closer to see that there's a room of sorts that looks like a kitchen with people running around on the inside, it the table is blocking the way into this room. I decide to stop my observation of the place as my stomach growls loudly enough for me to hear even over the noise. With my stomach voicing its opinion, I walk towards the line, grab a plate, a spoon and fork, and serve myself to the food. I take a look around and that's when I notice something weird with the clothing. While some people, like me, are wearing all black, others wear all white.