Chapter 15: This One Moment

Ok, ok, ok. I know I haven't updated in QUITE a while. BUT I have an excuse. You see... I just started Freshman Year of High School, then I turned 15 and had to take my learner's test and life was literally running me over with an 18-wheeler. SO I had to take some time off and regroup... But, then MIDTERMS popped up!  I studied my butt off and have finally JUST took my last midterm today. Now, Christmas Break starts and I'm ready to become a blanket burrito and just forget about life. But... then I felt guilty and decided to update. I finally have a schedule which I promise I'll stick to, but since this thing is already pretty long, I'll show it to you at the end...

~Enjoy!!

..........

Krys's P.O.V

I enter my room and immediately sit on my bed, wanting to open the book. Granted I may be 5-years old, but I'm still smart for my age. I open the book and get lost in the world of Jane Austen. Not frowning when I hear the loud laughter from the other room. Instead, I smile wider knowing that I found something that few people have, a whole new-

Thump! Thump!

I'm suddenly jolted out of my peaceful dream to someone loudly knocking on my door. I look at the clock to see that it's 9:00 in the evening. The sky is still dark outside and I'm still under the blankets, so soft and warm and inviting.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

The loud banging on my door jolts me out of my daze and I grumpily get out of bed. The cold air suddenly hits my bare arms and I'm instantaneously awake. My bare feet touch the cold floor and I try to put as little of my feet on the freezing floor as possible as I make my way towards the door. The person keeps loudly banging on my door and I feel a scowl make its way onto my face. I open the door quickly and was about to yell at the intruder, but stop in surprise as I see Kaiden at the door with his fist raised about to knock on the door again. I look up at his face and see that as soon as he realized that I had opened the door, he had a scowl on his face as well. I look at what he's holding and see that it was a tray of food.

"What the heck are you doing this late?" My hoarse voice, laced with deep sleep, asks him.

"Bringing you dinner since you seemed incapable to come down yourself." I hear his gruff reply.

At his reply, I suddenly get confused. Hadn't he brought me dinner earlier, before I had fallen asleep? He had even apologized and we had made a truce as well if I recall correctly. I look behind me and my eyes settle on my desk, where the tray was supposed to be. But it wasn't there.

'Had I just dreamt that up?' I think to myself.

'Ahem'

I turn back around to see that his scowl had grown ten times worse and that he was just waiting as I was apparently having amnesia at the moment. I decide to think about this later and go on with my mini investigation.

"Really? I didn't think of you as the type of person to care so much to go out of your way to bring me dinner." I tease him, trying to get under his skin.

It seemed like I had succeeded since his face started growing more and more irritated than before. Now I just needed to wait for him to explode in 3... 2... 1...

"It wasn't my idea." His voice, laced with annoyance snips at me.

'There it is.' I think to myself victoriously.

"Oh really? Then whose was it if not yours?"

"Yuri."

That one name reminded me of what I had said earlier in the day.