Chapter 7~Change

Rufus's POV

Poor little Freed. He looks so peaceful while he sleeps, but I still feel a pit of dread in my stomach. This would be a constant battle in order to get him healthy again.

I sighed and curled up in one of the chairs, changing my current mask for a sleeping one as I fell asleep.

Freeds POV

This town looks familiar. Magnolia, but on the outskirts. That hair. Evergreen! Bixslow! Laxus! My team. My friends. My family.

It was like nothing had ever happened. We were perfect again. Evergreen was gushing over my hair as usual, trying to get to put it up or braid it fully. I slapped her hands away playfully, but she started getting more insistent. More violent.

I tried to walk away, but Bixslow held me in place, his babies trapping my legs. I cried out as Evergreen pulled my hair hard, forcing my head back.

A sharp pain radiated from my stomach and I cried out, startled to see Laxus smirking as he punched me again. I kicked back at Bixslow and felt his grip lessen, but Ever held tight to my hair.

My hair...my beautiful hair.

I groaned softly as I stirred, feeling some pain in my wrists. I slowly sat up and noticed the light barely streaming in from the window and sighed. It was really in the morning and I hated it.

My hair...that's it!

I slowly stand and look around, smiling at the sight of Rufus. He looked so composed as he slept on a chair and he still had on a mask, even if it was only a sleeping one. His hair was somehow still perfect and kept and I felt my heart pang with jealously.

I noticed my sword laying in the corner on top of my nicely folded jacket and sighed. I grabbed it from its sheath and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. I held the sword up to my head and cut.

Rufus's POV

Laughter. Happy laughter. It sounded so perfect.

I looked down and smiled at the hand intertwined with mine then looked up at its owner. Freed! Freed was smiling at...me?

His smile was gorgeous and his eyes radiated with joy. I noticed the Sabertooth mark on his hand and frowned some.
"When did this happen?"

Freed just smiled at me and opened his mouth to speak. All I heard was a crying noise from it. No not crying. Sobbing?

I woke with a start and ripped off my sleeping mask, looking around worriedly.

I noticed the empty bed and my eyes widened in fear. I shot up from my seat and paled as I noticed the empty scabbard that contained his sword.
"FREED?!"

I looked over at the closed bathroom door and tried to open it, cursing the locks. Those would have to all come off at the mean time. I banged on the door angrily, trying to kick the door down.
"Freed! Freed please let me it. Freed come on please don't do anything! Freed I beg of you please"

I didn't notice I was crying until a drop hit the back of my hand. I stepped back as I heard a click and the bathroom door opened a crack. I hurriedly pushes it open and gasped in shock.

Green was everywhere. Green hair?

"Freed. No Freed why?"

Sobs were my only response as the broken man hugged onto my knees.