Chapter 13~ Change

Third POV

Over the course of the next 3 months Rufus kept his promise to Freed.

He held him whenever Freed cried and cursed the world. He helped him eat even though the man begged him to stop. Rufus memorized a book on therapy and was talking with Freed about his problems. They were closer than ever.

Freeds hair was slowly starting to grow back which was helping his confidence grow too. Rufus was just excited to see the return of the real Freed.

Rufus's POV

I glanced over at the kitchen table, smiling as I watched Freed take another bite of his waffles. Things have going good and he's doing better. Of course we had rocky points and some relapses here and there. But Freed always regretted it and we'd cry over it together and eat some ice cream.

I finished wiping down the dishes and put them away before going to sit beside Freed. I stole a bite of his waffles when he wasn't looking and smiled as I relaxed back in my chair.
"Hey Freed. You've been doing so well lately and I want to celebrate that. What would you think if we went out to dinner tonight?"

Freeds POV

Life's been getting better. I've hit a couple of downpatches and I've cut a little, but Rufus was always there to calm me and bring my sanity back. He doesn't judge me and he's helping me so much. I wish I could help him back...

"What would you think if we went out to dinner tonight?"

I snapped my head up from my waffles, having let my mind wander. I looked over at Rufus and his brilliant smile. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I just stared at him silently. His smile slowly fell before he leaned back away from me.

"Sorry Freed. It was a very irresponsible thought on my end I just blurted out-"

"No. I think we should. I'd be happy too."
I smiled widely at Rufus and watched as he became flustered in his seat.

"It's a date then."