Chapter 20~ The Search part 3

The sword swung down and Rufus closed his eyes, prepared for death.

A clanging sound made his eyes open again and he gasped slightly, smiling a bit. Freed had thrown his own sword away to intercept the the swing, but the sword trained on him cut up his face. He fell to the ground shaking some, pressing a hand against his wound.

Rufus rolled away with a slight snarl, kicking at Rogers left ankle and connecting with a solid grunt. He stood again and picked up his boyfriends sword, grinning at the male as he held it up, prepared to fight.
"Come on then Roger. I've memorized my boyfriends training and I can handle a low life like you."

Roger just grinned and the two swords disappeared again.
"Requip Lovers Cry."
A single sword reappeared in his hand. The blade was red and the handle was black leather with a single shirt black ribbon handing off the end. It was beautiful, but Rufus knew it was a weapon that had killed before.
"Now we fight Blondie. You ain't leaving here alive."

Rufus simply took off his hat and set it on top of Freeds head.
"You hurt my love. I'll never forgive you for that."
He narrowed his eyes before lunging forward.

The blades clashed, scratching each other and blocking. Freed could only watch the fast paced battle, staring in shock. Cuts covered both men, but neither seemed to be getting any closer to winning or losing. Until a strike caught in Rufus's side, causing him to let out a cry as he collapsed onto the ground.

Freed gasped and cried out his name, slowly forcing himself to stand. He raised his hands, starting to write with his fingers.
"RUFUS! No no no. I won't let you leave here!"

His tune trap was almost completely written out, until a sword cut through, severing his finger from his hand. He let out a sob of pain as he yanked his hand to his chest, stumbling backwards as the runes faded away again. He kneeled on the ground and stared up at Roger in horror.
"I w-won't let you do anything else!"

Roger snickered and raised his blade again, standing in front of Freed.
"Idiot. No one can beat me again. I have too much to fight for now to get back. I owe someone special some payback for what they've done. I Ahh!"
He went to keep speaking until a blade was sticking through his shoulder of the arm holding his sword, causing the blade to fall. Hand cuffs appeared on his hands, cuffing him from behind as a kick to the back of his knees pitched him forward.

Rufus huffed and brushed some hair from his eyes.
"You hurt him again. I did say I wouldn't let you do that didn't I? Idiot really. You're such a weakling after so much magic usage. Try and build up stamina first."

Rufus pushed Roger forward to face plant in the ground before kneeling beside Freed, kissing his forehead. He looked down at his hand and cursed before grabbing the severed finger.
"Fuck he hurt you good. Don't worry. I got this. Hold it in place for me."

Freed nodded weakly, holding the finger as he glanced at Rufus nervously.
"What are you going to do?"

Rufus grinned as he cupped his hands around the wound.
"Memory magic. Healing magic."
A warm green glow came from his hands and Freed watched as the skin patched itself back together again. Rufus eventually let his hands go up to Freeds cut on his face, letting the glow spread over that as well. He smiled as the glow faded, kissing Freed.
"There. All better now. It's not perfect, but your finger works again and your wound is closed enough to not get infected now."

Freed smiled and kissed him back once it was all done.
"You memorized Wendy's magic from the Games didn't you? Thank you Rufus. I wish you could heal yourself with it..."

Rufus shrugged and smiled as he stood, helping Freed up. He handed the male his sword back after wiping the blood off on Rogers shirt back.
"I'm fine. Just some scratches and some cuts. Nothing dangerous. Now let's take this criminal in and get our reward. Because Freed Justine of Sabertooth. You just completed your first job and you did amazing. Let's go home and celebrate."

Freed smiled and nodded as he grabbed onto Rogers cuffs and pushed him forward as they headed back into town, the males hands holding each others as their criminal sulked in front of them. But they didn't care. Because the boys were too busy celebrating their success silently. Their success of each other being in their lives.