Bad Dream, or More?

It happened.
It happened again.
No, it couldn't have.
Not... Not again.
It's not real.
It won't hurt you.
It's just a dream.
Just wake up.
Wake up.
Wake up!
Jonathan took a big gasp, sitting straight up, sweating with tears streaming out of his eyes. Sock, who was sleeping cuddled next to him, became startled and woke up.
"What's wrong Jonathan? Did you have another nightmare?"
Jonathan stared at the wall at the end of the bed, shaking, unable to speak.
"Hey... Hey it's okay, it's over now and it can't hurt you, alright?" Sock gently sat up, scooting closer to Jonathan, leaning on him and then proceeding to hug him. "I'm here, there's nothing to worry about."
"I wish that were true, but, this dream..." Jonathan finally managed to speak in between tears. "It gets scarier everytime. I...." Jonathan never thought he would say this. "I want to die."
Sock suddenly was more concerned, paying more attention.
"What? Why?" Sock had wanted to die before, but probably not for the same reasons as Jonathan, who wasn't answering.
It was only 3 am. There was an analog clock somewhere in the corner, the tick tock steadily slowing down.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Jonathan looked around, but he could find Sock. "Sock?" he cried out. Frantically searching around, running around his room, he tripped. Then, his room disappeared, and he was surrounded by darkness.