When, who, and what will he do?

Today was tomorrow. Megan would now be able to see Sock. Sock already went over everything with Jonathan, who had a mixed opinion about this. Of course, he wanted to live, but not with the cost of somebody else's life. Sock decided to go over to Megan's house, to learn more about her and maybe cheer her up. But that's the opposite of his job, isn't it? Sock didn't particularly care at the moment. He was sad to see this girl sad. He didn't know what time would be best, so he hung out with Jonathan all morning then went to Megan's house around noon. He went through the door, and when he stepped into the living room, Megan's babysitter was sitting on the couch watching a movie with her boyfriend. Sock ignored them and went upstairs, and all the way down the hall to the closed door at the very end. He took a deep breath. Alright, this shouldn't be too different then when I met Jonathan. Except, I'm not trying to kill the girl at the moment. He floated through the door, and stood a little distance from Megan. Megan didn't notice him, she was sitting in the middle of the floor, knees up, looking down, sniffling. Sock cleared his throat. "Uhh... hi..." Megan looked up at Sock, and almost looked like she saw right through him. They both stayed in their spots for a second, until Megan got up and walked over to Sock. Megan looked up at him, Sock looked down at her. Megan hugged Sock, her arms around his waist, (since she was only about that tall) and softly started crying. Sock adjusted the hug so he was sitting on the floor, so they were more at an eye level, Megan still hugging him and he hugged Megan back. Sock felt sorry for Megan, and also felt some sort of love for her. Not like what he had with Jonathan, but almost like a brotherly love. He didn't want Megan to die, she didn't deserve it. And he wasn't going to let that happen. Megan stopped the hug and looked at Sock. "Whats your name?" She asked.
"Sock." He replied.
"Howd you get in my house?"
"Because I'm a demon or ghost, or whatever."
"If you're a ghost, then shouldn't I have passed right through you when I tried to hug you?"
"Well, actu-" Sock stopped mid-sentance. That's right... Megan shouldn't have been able to touch him. But they hugged. And Jonathan. When the kissed, shouldn't they have just gone right through each other? But they didn't. Why....?

((Hope this is interesting enough, I finally know how I'm going to finish this off :0 and I know sock is just a demon, but I needed to add "ghost" so Megan could ask him why. Sorry this came out late and stuff, and thanks for so many reads on this and so many people love it and thank you! Without you guys I probably wouldn't have continued writing this so much.