Chapter 1 Finally Summer

RILEY'S POV

I was sitting in English class on the last day of school, it was also the last period so everyone was watching the clock tick. Damn. There's another 15 minutes ahead.

"Ok class, I know this is your last day at school an-"

Mr. C was cut off by a bunch of cheering from my class...including me. This has been the longest school year ever. All I want is to have summer, when everything is perfect; the temperature always perfect beach weather, the ocean breeze blowing in my long brown hair, living inside a dream without a care in the world. My thoughts were interrupted by Mr. C continuing his sentience after our class calmed down.

"As I was saying, it is your last day but over the summer I want you guys to think about your goals in life and make a good idea of the ones you want to achieve most."

With that he was cut off by the best sound ever. The school bell. Everyone began to grab their books and run out to the hallway, while Mr. C chased after us screaming, "Have a great summer!"

What a dork, no one in the class was listening at all.

I was running through the hallway trying to find my best friend Taylor. I was trying to remember what she was wearing this morning when we had math together, blue? No, it was pink...I think. I spotted her blond hair and blue tank top next to my locker. I knew it was blue!

I ran up to her as fast as possible when I bumped into something...someone. I looked up to see the dreamy Wesley, Wesley stromberg that is. He's the typical Cali boy; always wearing a SnapBack and a muscle tank top, he's especially dreamy with his eyes that are so hard to explain that it's like defining the taste of water.

"I'm so sorry Wesley! I was just trying to find my friend Tay-" I was going to continue but he cut me off

"haha, it's fine and by the way, you can call me Wes." he said witch made me giggle and my cheeks turn a little red. Crap.

"well I gotta go find my friends but see you around?" He asked me breaking the silence in our conversation.

"ya totally, see you around...Wes"

With that he walked away with a smile on his face. Holy crap. Did that actually just happen?? All my thought left my head when I saw Tay still standing at my locker, so I ran up to her with the biggest smile on my face,

"Summer here we come!" I screamed a little too loud.

"Riley! Keep your voice down! Get your stuff and let's get outta here!" she said sounding so happy to get out of this hell hole. We ran out to the parking lot and had a pause trying to find Taylor's white car in the lot. Before I knew it Taylor was running towards the car and we were headed to my place.

"What are your plans tonight?" taylor asked me, obviously wanting to hang out.

"I have a feeling you're gonna tell me what my plans are..." Taylor just giggled

"Yup" she said popping the 'p' making me laugh.

"You're coming to my place for a sleepover whether you like it or not"

I held my hands up as if to say 'I'm innocent'.

"Yes chief" she lightly punched me in the arm which made me laugh.

We pulled up to my drive way and she stopped the car to let me out.

"Be at my place at 7:00 k?"

"You got it chief" with that I smiled and waved at her as her car pulled out. I unlocked the front door walking in, instantly feeling the cool breeze on my skin from the AC.

"MOM!!! IM HOME!!" My mom walked into the living room with a box in her hand.

"How was your last day of school?!"

"Slow...Very, very slow. Also, what's with the box?" I asked questioning her because I became curious.

"I got you a gift for finishing 11th grade!" she said handing the box to me. I wonder what it is to be honest, you never know what to expect with my mom.

I opened the box to see the best thing ever. A light blue penny board with pink wheels! Exactly the one I've wanted for weeks!

"Thank you soooo much mom, I love it!!" I said giving her a huge hug .

"I'm gonna ride it to Taylor's tonight!" I screamed so loud the neighbors could probably hear me....it's a bad habit.

"You're going to Taylor's?"

"Yeah, I'll be going around 6:30 cause I'm boarding "

"Okay" she said giving me a warming smile.

After that I ran up to my room with my backpack and unloaded it and found a lot of crap school papers. I threw them in the trash can perfectly. Nothin but net.

This is going to be the best summer ever.