Chapter 2 Bumping Into You

RILEY'S POV
It was 6:25 and I still haven't packed my bag for Tay's, because that's how organized I am.

I went through my dresser and picked out a blue crop top that had 'California' printed out over the top and a pair of denim high waisted shorts for tomorrow morning.

I grab my phone and charger shoving it into my bag. I grab my awesome new penny board and ran down the stairs to say bye to my mom.

"BYE MOM I-OMG ITS ALREADY 6:45, TAY IS GOING TO KILL ME!"

I ran out the door dropping the board and hopping on trying not to be late to Tay's...usually I wouldn't be this worried but it's totally her pet peeve.

I was so caught up in thought that I barely noticed flying off my board into the grass. I looked up to see what I hit and was face-to-face with Wes.oh god.

"Twice in one day eh?"

"I'm so sorry wes that's my bad, I
should have been watchi-" he cut me off to speak,

"No problem Ry"

"Thanks Stromberg" I started to
blush...crap...

"Hey, I never got your number today," he said with his cute boy smile and I couldn't resist smiling too.

I gave him my phone so he could put in his contact and I gave him my number too.

"See ya around Ry!"

"See ya around Stromberg!"

With that I was off on my board on my way to Tay's. Holy crap. I still can't believe I got his number...Tay is gonna freak out!! I pull up her long driveway looking at the time...7:30...crap.

I ran in the front door calling her name,

"TAY?"

"UPSTAIRS!!" She called back. I ran up the stairs and opened the door to her room

"OMG, ON THE WAY HERE I BUMPED INTO WES AND HE GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!!"

"STROMBERG??"

"YES, STROMBERG!"

"OMG he likes you!!!!"

wait what? That's like impossible...he's a hot Cali boy, he could have any girl he wants and he sure as hell wouldn't want me.

"I'm sure he's just being friendly" Tay was glaring at me, deciding what to say,

"Only one way to find out" she smirked. Oh gosh.

"Text him and ask him to hang out!"

"I can't do that..."

"Why not??" She gave me a look like I was dumb as hell but i know I can't go out with Wes...or anyone because of my last boyfriend...Luke.

"Because I'm scared that what happened with Luke will happen again with Wes..."

I was now looking at the ground, embarrassed to look Tay in the eyes. She probably thinks I'm being an idiot but I don't want to be in a relationship with anyone because I'm scared of getting played like my last boyfriend played me.

We were together for just over a year, I fell so hard for him, I loved him. One day I was walking over to his house and I found him making out with a girl from our school. The next day he asked to talk to me and I thought it was to apologize. Hell was I wrong. All he did was dump me and left me on the street as he got back in his car and left. I was heartbroken and I really don't want anything like that to happen again.
I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize I was in Tay's arms,

"I'm sure that won't happen again, especially with me on the watch"
I started to laugh as Tay was acting like my bodyguard, she's the best friend I could ever ask for.

"Thank you" I mumbled into her shoulder.

The rest of the night consisted of me and Tay talking about boys, shopping online and the usual girl things until it was about 11:30 and my phone went off. We both looked at the text from Wes,

Goodnight beautiful💕