Chapter 3 A Movie Night

RILEY's POV

Tay and I went to bed around 12:00pm last night so we slept in till about 11:30. After we ate breakfast we went penny boarding at the boardwalk and had a lot of fun talking and laughing.

"Hey, do you wanna go down to the beach?"

"Ya sure, I don't see why not," to be honest, I really wanted to jump into the California waves cause it's sooo hot today.

"I still can't believe Wes texted me that last night"

"He likes you!" This can't be happening, me and Tay can't be discussing how Wesley Stromberg, the kid I've had a crush on since grade 9 likes me. Holy crap.

"Ask him to hangout sometime!"

"I can't do that..."

"Why not?" I didn't know what to say to her, if I told her I was scared of dating anyone she would totally think I'm being psycho. I was lost in thought that I barely realized Tay starting to talk again,

"Is this about Luke?"

"Yes"

I was looking down at my feet because I didn't want to look her in the eyes right now

"Ry, I promise you, I won't let him hurt you! You know what I did to Luke the day you told me about him"

I started to laugh at the memory of Tay kneeing Luke in the balls at school in front of the entire school.

"Fine, I'll text Wes later"

We finally got to a good spot on the beach and set down our boards and laid down in the sand to relax. I love this feeling; the sun beating down on my skin and the warm sand under my body. Just then my phone went off and Tay grabbed it quick.

"HEY! Who is it from?" She sat there with an exited look on her face like a little kid on Christmas

"It's Wes and he wants to know what you're doing!!!"

We were both squealing looking down at my phone getting weird looks from strangers. Screw them all. I took the phone from Tay and began to write my response, going back and re-writing it 3 times before I hit send,

*me*Just hanging with Tay, you?

*wes*Not much but do you guys wanna come by my place and watch a movie or something?

*me*Ya sure! When and were?

At this point Tay and I were freaking out that I got some time to spend with Wes.

He texted us the address and told us to be there after dinner

We road our penny boards back to Tay's and got changed. I had a basket of my clothes at her house because we're best friends, so I picked out a pair of denim shorts with some rips on the front and a sweater to go over my 'California' tank top.

We were all set to go so we grabbed our boards and ran out the door.

As we walked up to the door I was extremely nervous to actually be at Wes's house. What if he doesn't like me? What if I say something stupid and he doesn't want to talk to me again?

All my worries seemed to go away when Wes opened the door with his contagious Stromberg smile which instantly caused me to smile to.

"Hey guys! Come on in!"

We stepped in the door and I was greeted by an unfamiliar face, he looked like he might be a year older than us but I still have never seen him before at school.

"Hello, I'm Drew, one if Wes's friends, you must be Riley and Taylor" he said giving us a smile with a chill kinda vibe.

There was an awkward silence for a little until Wes broke it still smiling as always,

"My brother Keaton is at a friends place so we've got the house to ourselves tonight"

"That's awesome, is there anywhere you want us to put our boards?" I asked not wanting to leave them somewhere and have someone trip over them later.

"That's sick that you guys like to board, you don't see many girls like that around" Drew said grabbing both our boards and walking away with them. What?

He came back into the room empty-handed,

"Your boards are in the kitchen" why the kitchen?

"So what movie are we watching" I asked wanting to start so that if I'm lucky we can watch two. To be honest I really don't wanna leave, the guys seam super chill.

"Whatever you guys want" Drew said looking at Tay. I looked at her as if to say 'pick the movie'.

She stood there for a minute to think,
"Do you guys have 21 Jump Street?"

"I FRICKIN LOVE THAT MOVIE! YESSS" Wes said sounding super exited, making me laugh.

"I'll make popcorn!" I screamed running into the room I thought was the kitchen. Wes came after me while Tay and drew went to another room were the big TV was.

"Do you even know where the popcorn is?" Wes asked me with his classic smile making me smile from ear to ear.

"Oh ya! I watch you make it through you're window all the time!" I said sarcastically making him laugh his perfect laugh causing me to giggle along.

"Ok then, I guess I'll help you" he said in between laughs.

We stood there watching the popcorn in the microwave until Wes began conversation,

"So how long have you been boarding?"

"I learned how when I was about 13
and I had a long board but my mom actually just got me the penny board yesterday"

"Cool, I learned when I was about 8"

"Haha, that's sick, what other stuff do you like to do?" I asked him, loosening up to the thought of talking with Wes

"I love to create music and I love to surf"

"OMG I love surfing, I love how the waves have control over you!"

"Haha, exactly!"

At that point we took out the popcorn and put it into 2 big bowls for everyone to share. Wes took me to the big tv where Tay and Drew were sharing one couch and me and Wes went to the other. We started 21 jump street and by the end it was about 10:30

"You guys wanna watch another?"

Drew asked us and I looked at Tay. She gave me a look, nodding her head.

"Ya, I'll just text my mom and tell her I'm staying at Tay's tonight."

As I was texting my mom, Wes got up and put another movie in that I've never heard of.

Wes sat against the couch and gestured me too lay with him. I was shocked at first but I accepted his offer as he rapped his arms around me making sure I wouldn't fall off the couch. It was about half way through the movie and my eyes were heavy and I knew there was no point in trying to stay awake. As I closed my eyes I listened to the sound of Wes's perfect laugh as he watched the movie, and I fell into the perfect night sleep.