Chapter 15 I Write A Letter

RILEYS POV

I woke up this morning to a bright light coming through the window in Wesley's kitchen. I was lying on the couch and I looked up to see Wesley sleeping. I guess I could let him sleep...but what fun would that be?

I started to poke his cheek until he woke up startled and I started to laugh so hard until Wes caught on to what was happening.

"You should have seen your face!" I laughed and I heard Wesley giggle.

"Good morning beautiful" he said in a sleepy voice which made me smile.

"What time did we come back from that party last night?" I asked

"Around 1 in the morning" he laughed.

"What time is it?!" I yelled and grabbed my phone from the table next to the couch.

I unlock my phone to see that it was 11:30 and I had four messages from my mom.

Riley, where are you?

Are you ok?

I'm worried Riley, you never came home....

You better not be at a party right now...

As I read the messages I saw Wesley looking over my shoulder reading the screen to.

"My mom's gonna kill me" I said locking my phone again and setting it back down on the table.

"No she's not, we're gonna go to your house and I'll explain to her what happened" he said as we both stood up.

"You don't have to do that, I'll just tell her I was at a party with you and there was no drinking involved...I mean, that is the truth, so she can't be that mad."

"Ok...what do you want to do today?"

"Actually, the girls wanted to go shopping today...is that ok with you?" I ask him, I was kinda hoping he wasn't planing on hanging out cause I never told him about the girls.

"No, that's fine, the guys wanted to hang out and chill today so that's actually perfect" he said smiling at me and I looked into his amazing Hazel eyes and he looked back into my brown eyes with a hint of green.

We stood there for a moment just looking at each other with our fingers locked.

"C'mon, I'll take you home" he said laughing

"Wes! We're still in our pyjamas!"

"That's the point" he said laughing as we walked out to his car in our pyjamas for everyone in California to see.

"Oh! Do you want some breakfast before we go?" He asked as we we're getting into his car.

"No that's fine I think me and the girls are going to get something at the mall" I said smiling.

"I don't get it" wesley said shaking his head as he started the car and we went up the familiar road to my house.

"You don't get what?" I asked laughing

"I don't get how girls can spend the entire day in the mall...like, don't you ever get board?" He asked with wide eyes,

"No not really," I said laughing once again until we pulled up to my house and we walked up to the door.

As we walked in I saw my mom sitting on the couch and once she saw me she jumped up and ran over to me,

"Riley! I've been so worried! Where have you been!" She said. I opened my mouth to answer but I was cut off my Wesley speaking before me,

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Jones, it was my idea to go to a party last night...I promise you no drinking was involved and nothing bad happened...I take full responsibility for Riley not coming home last night." He said as he put his arm around my waist. My mom sighed before she responded to what Wesley had said,

"I guess that's ok...I trust you Wesley...don't make me regret that"

"Yes ma'am" he said nodding his head. Wesley and I took a step outside to say goodbye for the day,

"I'll call you later ok?"

"Sounds good!" I said and Wes started to walk back over to his car and drove off. I walked back in to my house and ran up to my room to get changed and ready for the mall because I was meeting Tay and Summer there in 30 minutes.

I put on my Favorite pair of denim high waisted shorts and a muscle tank top that had my favorite logo on the front with a very beachy vibe.

Then I ran to the bathroom and curled my hair in the loose waves because I don't like it when my hair is dead straight. My hair was about to my belly button when I curled it.

I ran out to my car and grabbed my favourite snapback on the way out and I headed down to the mall to meat the girls.

**********

"Riley! What are you getting Wesley for his birthday?" Tay said wiggling her eyebrows up and down at me as we walked through the familiar halls in the mall.

That's the main reason why we are here, I asked the girls to come to the mall with me so I could pick up some stuff for Wesley's birthday that is in two days.

"well, I was actually wondering if you guys could help me throw surprise party for him and we can get all the guys in on it!"

"That sounds awesome but who would we invite?" Summer asked,

"Not a big party, just one with all our closest friends, so like, Keaton, Drew, Tyler, Ally and us...." I said more of a question asking them if they thought it was a good idea.

"that's perfect!" Tay yelled

"I'll get Keaton in on it for sure and we can set it up for the night of his birthday!" Summer yelled and I could swear the entire mall could here her.

"One last obstacle though guys..."

"What?" Summer and Tay said at the same time.

"I have to find the perfect gift" I said and we all exchanged glances before taking off through the mall halls.

*******

By the end of the day I was back home up in my room looking at the things I had got Wes; a pair of blue headphones because I know how much he loves his music, a SnapBack from his very favourite store YUMS and a new skateboard for him to use this summer at the board walk. But there was one last thing I needed to get for him...a letter. I pulled out my pen and paper and began to write my very first letter to Wesley.

********