Chapter 9 A Date Gone Bad

RILEYS POV

Toady was the day Wes was taking me for a picnic at the park.

I was currently sitting on my bed talking with Taylor and Keaton's girlfriend Summer. Me and summer have actually gotten really close in the past couple of days. I like it, it used to be just me and Tay and now with Summer the memories are getting even better that we've created, like, yesterday Summer hid in the bushes and video taped me and Tay shoving a pie at a high school student in my class. These girls are amazing.

"So when is Wes picking you up?" Tay asks

"He's coming at 12:15 to pick me up" I said blushing. The things this boy does to me.

"Where's he taking you?"

"A picnic at the park" I said smiling like an idiot and Summer started nudging me and making me blush even more

"What are you gonna were?" Summer and Tay say in sync

"I honestly don't know" I said still laughing

"We're helping you get ready!" Tay screams and all 3 of us start to giggle.

"Well, it's 11:50 so you've got 25 minuets"

Tay started going through my closet as Summer got me off the bed and got me in the bathroom.

She combed my long brown hair and pinned my bags back with a brown bobby pin to match. I grabbed my makeup back and threw it to her.

All we ended up putting on was mascara to make my light brown eyes to pop.

Summer exited the bathroom as Tay threw me my out fit and closed the door. She ended up picking out a floral summer dress, nothing fancy and not too short. I threw over my jean jacket and paired it with sandals I got from 'forever 21' and was ready for Wes.

"You look amazing!" Tay screamed

"OMG I'm sending a pic to Nash Grier" summer screamed (Nash grier is kinda our favourite vine boy and we love him to pieces)

"Summer! He's frickin internet famous! As if he's gonna see it" we were all laughing when the door bell rang downstairs and all three of us ran down stairs.

I opened the door to see a very cute Wes standing in my doorway with his classic Stromberg smile.

"Hello pretty lady"

"Not bad yourself Stromberg" he grabbed my hand as we started to leave

"Are you two just gonna crash in my room till I get back?" I ask them as wes and I are just leaving

"Yup" they both said pippin the 'p'

"HAVE HER BACK BEFORE 1 WESLEY TRENT STROMBERG!" Summer screamed

"How do you know my middle name?"

"I forced it outta Keaton"

With that we were in Wes's car on our way to the park.

Wes turned on the radio and we both recognized it and started screaming lyrics in his car once again. life of the party by shawn mendes,

"WE DONT HAVE TO BE ORDINARY, MAKE YOUR BEST MISTAKES! CAUSE WE DONT HAVE THE TIME TO BE SORRY, SO BABY BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY" we screamed and the music was cut off as we parked the car and Wes ran to my side opening the door for me

"That needs to be our song"

"Life of the party?" I ask

"Yes"

"Well, it's official, life of the party is our song" I said laughing as we sat down next to a stream on a blanket wes had set out.

"I brought your favourite, Strawberries and melted chocolate" he said smiling. This boy is always happy.

"You remembered that?"

"Of course I did! And I brought your favourite egg salad sandwich because you don't like lunch meat." Oh my gosh, I can't believe he remembered that, I told him that like 3 weeks ago!

"Seriously, how do you remember all this stuff?"

"Because I've wanted to take you out for a while Ry,"

"You're too sweet stromberg"

"Sweet like the extra Starburst I packed for you, your favourite?"

"OMG LET ME HAVE EM" I screamed as he handed me the container with the Starburst in it.

"So, what changed your mind about going out with me?" He asked me beginning a conversation

"Well, I realized that no matter what you were there for me even if I only let it be as a friend...and I'm sorry I did that"

"Don't be sorry, it's happened to me too"

"Really? What happened?" I ask being curious about what happened to him

"I dated a girl for a little over a year and one day she just decided she was done with me...but I'm totally fine now" he said smiling.

We ate our sandwiches and we laid down on the blanket with our fingers intertwined as we watched the clouds and talked for what seemed like hours.

"I'm taking you to a small party tonight" he said as we both sat up

"How small is this party?"

"Me, you, drew, Keaton, Summer, Tay and our good friend Tyler and his sister Ally...so just the homies."

"Sounds like fun" I said

Just then wes was leaning over towards me and fed me a chocolate covered strawberry, it was soooo good.

"We look like we're on one of those cheesy dates in the movies don't we?" I asked and we both started laughing

"In deed we do...I'm just gonna run and use the bathroom, I'll be right back" he said and he sprinted off. This has been suck a beautiful day and the suns almost gone down. I've had so much fun with wes and now we're going to a party too, this is gonna be an awesome night.

I was interrupted by my thought when I heard a voice behind me,

"Coming to the park alone, eh?"

Luke.