Chapter 8 Day On The Docks

RILEYS POV

I was currently sitting on the couch in my living room with a handful of starburst, thanks to wes...he's so sweet. I was in the middle of my new episode of my favourite tv show "the middle" when I got a text from Wes

*wes* I'm taking you out today, be ready in 10 mins😈

*me* what??

*wes* it's just as friends, Ry...

*me* I'll be ready but where are we going Stromberg?

*wes* I'm taking you to eat the best ice cream you'll ever have in your entire life

*me* ok Stromberg, see you in 10😊

I set my phone and ran upstairs to get ready.

I grab my plain denim shorts and a tank top that has my favourite band 5sos on it. I throw on my YUMS SnapBack from Wes and my red vans.

I don't even bother with makeup because I think it's stupid, why would I want to put that crap all over my face when I'm gonna be with Wes...I know he's not gonna judge me and I honestly don't care what people think about me.

I heard a nock downstairs and I ran to go open the door to a very happy wesley.

"Nice hat, where'd ya get it?" He asks pointing to the hat he bought me last weekend

"Haha, very funny Stromberg, let's go!" I said and running out to his familiar black car.

Wes got in the drivers seat and we immediately started talking, sometimes I think we could talk forever and never got board of each other company.

"Wes, where the hell are we going!"

"I told you we're going for ice cream!"

"We've been in the car for 45 minutes!"

"Trust me Ry, it's worth it. I used to get ice cream there when I was a kid every summer...they make it homemade."

"Ok fine, but how much longer?" I said whining cause I'm very impatient.

"I don't know but we can turn on the radio and pass the time" he said with no care in the world.

I turn on our favourite radio station and recognize one of our favourite songs. Wes immediately rolled all the windows down, cranked the volume and we were now screaming at the top of our lungs,

"YOUR LIPSTICK STAIN IS A WORK OF ART, I GOT YOUR NAME TATTOOED IN AN ARO HEART, AND I KNOW NOW...THAT IM SO DOWN"

We sung in sink and that's when I realized how good wes can actually sing

"You never told me you can sing like a boss!" I yelled at him slapping his arm.

"Neither did you miss Riley"

With that we continued to listen to the radio for another 10 minutes until Wes finally parked the car. In the middle of nowhere. You've got to be kidding.

"Wes, where the hell are we?"

"Chill, we're only a 10 minute walk away and I wanted to show you some things while we go" he said smiling and grabbing my hand as he walked me over to a path in the woods. Taylor was right, he really is a sweet boy.

We were almost out of the path, I know because I can see light from the exit but as we were about to walk out wes started to walk into the woods and bring me to some...fort?

"When I was 13, me and the boys would come out here and build sick forts every summer" he said smiling and blushing a little bit. It's so cute how he's wanting to share all this with me.

"The boys as in..."

"Me, Keaton and Drew"

"When did you guys make this one?"

"I was maybe 15...we're still surprised that it stayed together, since then but it's kinda the guys hangout now"

"So no girls aloud" I asked him laughing

"No, they just don't know I told you" he said smirking...I like this boy.

We kept walking and we got to the open and the sun was just blinding. We walked down a short road until I could see the ice cream truck.

"This is where me and the boys got the best ice cream you'll ever have, it'll blow your taste buds outa your butt" he said laughing

"STROMBERG!"

"I speak the truth"

Wes ended up getting cookies and cream and he got me coconut Ice while we sat on a peaceful dock out at the lake.

"These are unique Flavors" I said wondering what mine would taste like cause wes made me promise not to try it yet

"Yeah yeah, just eat it now" he said as he watched me take a tiny bite of my ice cream, followed by a HUGE bite. This stuff is amazing!

" oh my gosh Stromberg! This is amazing!"

"Here, try some of mine" he have me a bite of his ice cream and I gave him a bite of mine. We were soon done and we sat with our feet in the water as we continued to talk.

"This is where I used to do flips off the latter into the lake when I was a kid" he said still smiling as he looked all around the campground? At least I think this is a campground.

"And over there is a huge cave the boys would go to..there were 6 of us, they called us inseparable" he said as he pointed to a huge cliff across the lake

"How'd you guys get over there?"

"We used my uncles motor boat" he was still smiling like a little boy on Christmas. He's way too cute.

"When did you stop camping here?" I asked. I mean, he seems to love it here so I don't know why he wouldn't be coming back

"When I was 15...it just became too expensive." He looked really upset now and I really didn't like it.

I pulled wes into a big hug, it reminded me of the time he was holding me in his arms comforting me about Luke and I'm reminded of what he said; he told me he was no Luke, and that he would prove it to me when I said no to going on a date with him...but I know he's no Luke.

I pull back and look him in the eyes,

"Yes"

"Yes what?" He asked looking at me confused

"Yes, I'll go on a real date with you"