3. Out Of My Limit

3.

Toni's POV
It wasn't hard to notice. In fact it was quite obvious. Ash was looking right at Dizzy when they started to sing Out of My Limit. Ash didn't even sing that much. It was mainly Calum singing. I'm sure if the boys weren't too busy singing they would've noticed too. I nudged Dizzy when the song was over because she was still staring at my brother. Dizzy blushed and turned back to me. My brother smiled softly to himself and chuckled. Dizzy didn't see though, but I did. I didn't think Ash would fall so hard so quickly. All of a sudden, a lightbulb went on in Dizzy's head. She pulled me up and we walked towards Luke. "What if we played with you guys?" Dizzy smiled. My eyes go wide. "No! I don't sing." I tell them. Both Dizzy and Ash laugh loudly and sarcastically. "Yes you do! You always sang in the shower and you wrote some of our songs." Ash tells me. What? "You stole my song book and used the songs in it?" I yell. "That's not important. You guys can yell at each other about that later. Just right now, sing." Dizzy hands me the microphone. I was startled holding on the microphone stand with Luke right next to me. God, he smelled good. Luke smiled and said, "Don't worry, it's just us." Dizzy sees an extra guitar off to the side, probably one of Ash's, and starts to play the first part. Everyone looks at her in shock but continues playing. The boys start playing and Calum sings the first verse.

[Verse 1: Calum]
I love that accent you have when you say hello
You relocated from New York a month ago
That minivan that you drive really gets me going
And if it feels like it's right then it can't be wrong

[Pre-Chorus: Me]
No one understands the chemistry we have and it came out of nowhere
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
It's not like we planned this getting out of hand and now we're gonna go there
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[Chorus: Dizzy & Me]
Walk my way Mrs All American
Say my name, no need to pretend
Don't be shy Mrs All American
I'll show you why you're not gonna walk away
Yeah

[Verse 2: Michael]
Not just a neighbour, oh hey there I'll ring your bell
Open your door, pucker up and I'll kiss you well
My lips are sealed, there's nobody that I would tell
Your secret's mine, close your eyes and I'll make you melt

[Pre-Chorus: Calum]
No one understands the chemistry we have and it came out of nowhere
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
It's not like we planned this getting out of hand and now we're gonna go there
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[Me & Dizzy]
Walk my way Mrs All American
Say my name, no need to pretend
Don't be shy Mrs All American
I'll show you why you're not gonna walk away
Oh yeah

[Me & Michael]
Na na na na na na na na
You know she like
Na na na na na na na na
You know she like
Na na na na na na na na
Ah you know she like
Na na na na na na na

[Dizzy & Me]
Walk my way Mrs All American
Say my name, no need to pretend
Don't be shy Mrs All American
I'll show you why you're not gonna walk away
Oh yeah

[Outro: All & Me]
Walk my way
Oh yeah
Say my name
You're not gonna walk away
Don't be shy, I'll show you why
You're not gonna walk away

The guys stop playing. Their mouths are all open, well except Dizzy's. I blush and look to the ground. "Wow!" I look back up and see Luke smiling at me. "You are amazing... And Dizzy," Luke says tearing his eyes away from me. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was even holding in. "That was amazing. Where did you learn to play like that?", "My mom taught me way back in the day. She was pretty badass." Dizzy laughs. "I guess we should leave Ash and Toni so she can kill him." Dizzy laughs and smiles at me. "Go easy on him, alright?" She jokes. Luke, Calum and Mikey all say their goodbyes to Ash and Ash just rolled his eyes. As soon as everyone left, I walked over to Ash. "Those were private. There was stuff in there I specifically didn't want you to see." I tell him. "First of all, your songs are amazing. You really have talent. Second of all, I know there were things you didn't want me to know. That's why I took the book. Remember when you came home crying middle of year 10 and you didn't tell me anything? You locked yourself in your room and wouldn't talk to anyone. I slept outside your door for days before you finally came out. So when you went back to school, I took the book and read it. And guess what I found out? You had a boyfriend! But that's not the most upsetting part, I found more. He cheated on you and then you were bullied." By now I was crying. I remember all of this. Like it happened yesterday. It was the worst year of my life and that book was like my way to really speak. My way of letting it out. "Guess what I found in the very back of the book? A suicide note!" Ash cried. Now Ash was talking quietly and holding me. "You knew about my cutting. Why didn't you tell me about yours?" I was sobbing into Ash's chest and he was rubbing my back. I'm pretty sure I heard him crying too. "I love you too much to see you so broken." Ash whispers in my ear. He kisses my forehead and wipes away my tears. "I love you too Ash." "Now let's go get some ice cream." I laugh and wipe the rest of my tears away. "Sure you get the boys and Dizzy and I are gonna go change." I hug Ash one last time before running inside.