Another Love Tom Odell Fanfiction

CHAPTER ONE 

‚Hey, I'm back!' I shouted while entering the room. Without a warning, Lucy grabbed my arms and hugged me tightly. 'Hey, darling.' I whispered. She grinned at me and said ' C'mon Paula! Look, what I learned today!' She still held my hands and I squeezed them again.

 She ran into the living room to the little keyboard she got for her last birthday.

Every day I came home she was actually supposed to sleep but she couldn't resist crawling out of her bed to show me what she has learned the hours before.

She sat there. Her tiny, little body looked even smaller in this chair. Her hands on the keys, concentrated. Every time before starting to play, her eyes kind of light up and I could feel her passion. I guess music is her way to escape. Since our dad left and our mum started drinking we all needed a way to escape. My way was... well I didn't have time. I'm 17 years old and soon, I'm going to pass my a- levels. Yes, I'm going to be good. I guess, school is my way to escape. And it's the only possibility I have to start a better life, after all. I have a plan.

I want to leave this shit. And I want to take Lucy with me. I saved a lot of money. Our mum doesn't work that much. Actually, she always says 'of course, I just came back late because I had to do a lot of work' but do you want to know what I think she does? You shouldn't say things like this about your actual mum, but... She sells her body. I mean... it's okay. But.. well, it's not. It's not okay if someone does it to get money and then uses the money to buy crack and alcohol. All I ever wanted was a family. A real one. And not a family for me. I want a family for Lucy because she deserves one. 

But what ever.

Lucy sat there and started playing. It was an easy song, she only uses the one hand. But it sounded great! She loves music and so do I but honestly, I don't have time to have any hobbies. Too much work, too much school-stuff.

She finished playing and I clapped my hands. She stood up and did that 'Thank-you- fans- I- love- you'- thing, sometimes she talks a little bit. Her speeches are always about getting an Oscar for best soundtrack or something like this. Sometimes, when she does not look at me, when she's too concentrated on her playing I got wet eyes, I almost cry. Because then I start wondering, if there is someone else who listened to her music, to the horrible sound of a 20- pound- plastic- keyboard with coloured keys and buttons. If there is someone else who could take her away from all. Except of me, I hope. But I actually don't want to spend the rest of my life with my sister. Someday I have to tell her the truth. That her mum won't come back someday. And oh god, this day is sooner than I want to imagine. That our dad was an asshole and that I will go to find a better place but we don't have enough money to leave. Fuck money.. we have us. But sometimes it feels.. like it's not enough.

I took her hand and together we went upstairs to her room. Last cuddle, last kiss and she fell asleep.

-

'Paula, C'mon sexy lady!' Joanna shouted. 'No! That looks horrible! And I shouldn't be here! I need to go! Work, you know?' I tried to take of that too short dress Joanna gave me . It was green. A beautiful green which made my eyes shine even a little more. Well,.. that's what Joanna said. She came into the cabin , opened mouth. 'No way! You are going to wear this! It's your birthday! Pleeeaase! For me! Everyone will say how stunning you are!' I looked in the mirror. I looked definitely  hot... well hotter than usual. But I have to say, that I normally wear black skinny jeans, old sneakers everyone would throw in the dustbin, some ordinary oversized shirts.

Joanna stood there, smiling widely and after another short discussion with her I gave in. 'Yes, okay. I'll wear it.' She hugged me.'YEEY! This is going  to be your day, Love!' 'Wait, how much?' I asked although I knew it would be too much. 'Because it's for your amazing Birthdayparty and because I want you to look more beautiful than me. Just for that day.' She grinned at me.' I'm not going to tell you, because it's your present!' I was shocked. 'What? Oh no! I bet it's too much!  Really, you don't have t-' ' O h yes! I have to! It might sounds selfish but I'm doing it for my eyes! I want you to look as pretty as you are and with your three different shirts in your wardrobe  you look a little bit... boring.. sometimes!' She grinned even more widely. I punched her softly and gave in, again.

Tomorrow is my birthday and anything is going to be different. I'm going to be eighteen and then I will be able to take care if Lucy myself. Good bye, fucked life.
But at this time I couldn't imagine how much my life would change this day.

Hey folks! Sorry, I know it's a little bit short. The next chapter's going to be longer.. maybe.

BUT: What do You think so far?

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!---> Yes? Comment pleassse! And if You wanna tell me anything (questions and whatever) just write me! :D

See ya , lovely people xx