Chapter 102

Aecha's P.O.V.
Hobi came back with my assigned nurse. I swore.

He smiled sadly. "First one I saw."

"I'll fix your stitches Aecha.." She explained.

I laughed. "Yeah right. Because you can't fix anything else can you?"

Hobi frowned. "Since when do you insult people?"

"It's okay, I deserve that." She sighed. Of course she did. I wouldn't apologize. "Take this, you won't feel me stitching you up, you'll feel like you're on a cloud or something like that, unless you try and bite me. Then I won't give it."

Oh she wanted to play dirty? I was fine with that. I had nothing to lose now. I took it.
She started her work after I ease down and let out a giggle. "Hey.. Hey Hobi? I'm gonna tell you a joke."

He gave me a pained look. "Alright.. What is it?"

I laughed. "It's really funny. Here, guess what she told me earlier." He stayed silent. "She's funny! She told me I might never have kids. Funny right? I thought she was joking, but she meant it! That's hilarious!"

Hoseok's P.O.V.
Sweat was perling on Ash's forehead. That was weird, but it could be the meds.. What worried me most was what she was saying..
"Aecha.. What are you saying?"

"Shit.. That hurts more than I thought.." Her voice turned back to a condescendent tone, yet it was trembling. "It is the truth. She can affirm that." She clenched her teeth.

The medication wasn't working? "Ash.. Why didn't you say it wasn't working?"

The nurse stopped her work.

"Because.. I thought.. It'd be easier for me.. To break it to you like this.. Because.." She clenched her teeth again. "Because you'd think I.. Wouldn't know I said it.. And I could.. never have to say it again.." Her tears mixed with her sweat. "It already hurts so much.."

That's why.. It was the thing she couldn't handle.. I had never seen her like this. Disrespectful, emotionless, with a look that could kill.. She was such a sweet woman, but that was the look of someone who didn't care anymore, yet showed so much pain wanting to burst out.
"Angel.. I'm so sorry.."

"It's not.. It's not your fault.." She assured me. She looked at the nurse. "Are you done?.."

"I have one last stitch to make, but you're in bad shape.. I shouldn't." She hesitated.

Ash looked her dead in the eye. "Do it.. Get this over with.." She was panting, catching her breath.

"Angel.. You should wait.." I asked her.

"I don't want to. Whatever happens happens!-" She swore again. "Urgh.. Please before I faint.."

The nurse listened to her. Of course, Ash fainted from the pain. It was obvious she would. What I hated was that she preferred this to letting her feelings out.. She preferred that instead of talking to me.

"Sir.. I never wanted this to happen.." The nurse apologized. "I never thought she would reat that way.."

I sighed grasping Aecha's hand. "Me neither.. Me neither.."

Aecha's P.O.V.
"Hobi.. I'm sorry.." I said when I woke up.

He was still there. Head on my stomach, arms around me.

I layed my hand on his head. "I'm such a handful.. I'm sorry.. It's my fault.. All of this.." I took a deep breath. "Probably the first and last time you'll ever hold me like this.."

"Why would it be the last?" He mumbled waking up.

"Because the only time someone holds their girlfriend like this is dramas is when the girl is you know.." My throat tightened.

"We're not in a drama. I can hug you like that whenever you want okay? Besides it might happen one day." He tried to lift my hopes up.

My tears started to fall. "10% chances is not a lot.."

His hand went for my cheek. "Still better than zero Angel.."

I didn't listen.. I didn't want to hope it would happen and never happen. It's sadder than breaking from the start.

"Auntie!" A squeaky voice said.

I jumped hearing it. Hobi seemed panicked. "I told you Jookhyun.."

The father of the girl sighed. "I know, but I received it when I arrived here.."

I smiled lightly. "It's alright.. Wanna hop on Aki?"

She nodded. "Yup." She climbed up my bed and sat on my thighs. She grinned. "I missed you Auntie."

I did my best to hold her hands swearing mentally as I noticed the little strenght I had built was gone. "I missed you too pumpkin.."

She frowned. "Why are you crying?"

"It's because I'm happy to see you.." I slightly lied.

"Like when we saw that prettt sunset on the beach in Busan?" She asked tilting her head. "Looks like Hobi's necklace auntie."

I half laughed. "Yes.. Like the necklace and the sunset.."

Her hands reached for my own necklace. "It's pretty.. Looks like a princess' necklace."

I glanced at Hobi. "It does..maybe it was meant for one, but Hobi stole it and gave it to me? Who knows? I just know I like it very much.."

She glanced down. "Daddy told me not to ask, but...will you still go to the fansign with me?"

"Depends on how I'll be feelimg pumpkin, but if I'm not up to it, Hobi will take you okay?" I answered. I was scared it was her question about cousins.. I probably would've snapped if she did.

I wanted to take her so bad, but right now.. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to see her.

"Aki, let's go. Aecha needs to rest if she wants to be able to take you to the fansigns.." Joke picked her up. "Rest well okay?"

I nodded. When the door finally closed.. I was inconsolable.