Chapter 14 Missions Aborted and Success

They aren't following me anymore?' Naruto thought to himself with a raised eyebrow as he looked behind him. Naruto had ripped a piece of his skirt off and had them shoved into his ears so that he could block out of hearing, and thus, also block out the source of the Genjutsu that he honestly had no real defense against. Sure, his right eye could see through Genjutsu, but his body was still frozen by Genjutsu made to restrain him until he could learn how to negate them. He was in a wide open area just outside of the village at this moment, and there was no sign of his enemies.

Well, that should be expected.

Naruto was sitting on a giant toad, and they both had a large disadvantage in this wide open area. That spider guy wouldn't be able to use the trees to his advantage, while the girl would have nothing to truly protect herself with while she played her music. She would be wide in the open, and with only her music to try and trap Naruto. Not to mention, any large flares in chakra would attract the people that came on the mission with Naruto now that they were this close by. Tayuya would be defenseless against Naruto and his toad, weapons, and clones since his ears were blocked out. The girl didn't have nearly as much muscle tone to her body that showed strength, even if she was stronger than a normal person.

The spider guy had more arms to fight with, but he didn't have the the advantage of being able to corner Naruto anywhere close enough to actually use those arms. Naruto wore metal armor, unless this guy focused strictly on his legs and face, he wasn't going to be hurting Naruto at the moment. Punching metal wasn't a bright idea, and facing a person covered in metal in a close range battle without the advantage was something people would avoid... and it was even dumber when said person was now known to use swords in close range. Kidomaru seemed like the smart type to retreat back and come and try again another day when he had the advantage.

Right now though, they didn't have the same element of surprise. Naruto knew about them, and had a basic understanding of their skills.

Naruto took the plugs out of his ears, before he jumped in shock when he felt somebody tapping on his shoulder. Naruto summoned a sword and swung it around, only for it to come into contract with a kunai from Kurenai, who was struggling a little to hold back the sword from the surprisingly physically strong 13 year old boy. Naruto sighed in relief when he saw that it was his teammates for the mission, and he put away his sword without letting go of the giant pincer that he got his hands on from the giant spider he killed earlier.

"Whoa!? Naruto, what has you so jumpy!?" Kiba shouted as his dog gave a quick bark in agreement at the question.

"My bugs detect a slight pheromone shift in Naruto, he has been poisoned with a potent sleeping drug. Per chance, were you attacked?" Shino questioned, and Hinata was giving Naruto a soft look, hoping that he hadn't been attacked by anyone.

"How did your bugs... nevermind, I don't want to know. Yeah, some people attacked me. I killed two of them, but two more are skill our there., The things attacking this town were summon creatures." Naruto informed them of the information he had gathered so far about the enemy. Kurenai looked alarmed at the information, while Kiba looked very excited about this information.

"I see... this mission is too high ranking for a Genin team. Pack up, we are leaving back for Konoha." Kurenai ordered her team, and Naruto, with a stern voice. Naruto looked surprised at this, being very sure that when you learned about enemy shinobi you were suppose to confront them and beat them up.

"But they will just keep attacking the village if that is the case. We need to protect these people from anymore attacks!" Naruto argued with Kurenai, who frowned at Naruto.

"Ninja with summoning animals are always treated to be Jonin level. Hinata, Kiba, Akamaru, and Shino are not strong enough to not be a liability. This is a C-Rank mission, and you completed it. Summoning animals can't be supdued, by killing the ones responsible you have completed the mission to the minimum degree now that there is no promise of another attack. Anyway, this mission would be boosted to a B-Rank, and my team isn't ready. This is an order from your superior Chunin-Uzumaki." Kurenai stated clearly as she turned around and started to walk back in the direction of Konoha. Her own genin team very disappointed by this, while Naruto had a deep frown on his face at this.