Chapter 17

The next day, you were about to make lunch, there was a knock at the door. You jumped out of your skin, not only on why someone was knocking at a time like this, it's because you hadn't had any normal human-beings round. You grabbed the blanket from the sofa chucking it over Leatherface, like he was a some sort of top secret project.

"Don't move ok, don't make a sound don't move." You said assertively.

Leatherface didn't understand why, but wanted to take the blanket off his head.

"Leatherface." You hissed, putting the blanket over again.

The door was knocked on again, which was making you even more anxious.

"Fine just sit here." You demanded.

Poor Leatherface wanted to give a small whine, but was afraid on what your reaction might be. You finally got to the door, opening ajar you saw your neighbour standing there.

"Oh hey (Y/n)" She greeted.

"Hello." You said slipping out of your house, making sure your neighbour didn't see inside your house.

The two of you went to sit in the porch.

"Haven't seen you all winter."

"Really? Guess I been so busy I hadn't even noticed." You slightly laughed.

"You know there has been a report on the sighting of that chilli cook off chef."

"Drayton?" You guessed.

The neighbour have a nod. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

Hoping you didn't gulp, you explained to her it was from the newspaper she gave. A sad memory came to your mind of that night. Just as predicted, she then went to go on about that whole cannibal topic and her theories about it. Before meeting Leatherface and his brothers you didn't like the topic as it always made you queasy, but now it was even worse. You were dating the man behind the massacre.

"You know, I hate talking about this." You complained.

"I know, but I have a new theory."

You sighed. "What?"

"If Drayton was a cannibal...not saying he is but." Your neighbour began to explain their theory.

Leatherface still sat with the blanket on him, he didn't know what was going on. Apart from you weren't in the house, you were outside. The masked man, moved the blanket so he could see.

Rumble.

Leatherface sighed, he didn't want to get up because you said not to but he was hungry.

Rumble.

Leatherface got up and went to the kitchen, looking for carrots. Meanwhile you were still outside, listening and giving nods.

"So that's what my theory is."

"Yeah, I guess you don't know until you actually seem them doing that." You said.

"Which comes to the point of Lefty, that supposed relative of Sally and Franklin."

"Mmm hmm." Honestly you didn't know how long you could keep this up.

Suddenly as if on cue, there was a loud bang from inside your house.

"Shoot what was that."

"Gunshot?" You lied. "I best be going anyway."

"Likewise, I'm off to write my part down."

As soon as the neighbour left you porch and went to their house. You quickly slipped into your house.

"Oh lord she is annoying!" You moaned. "Leatherface!" You walked into the kitchen. "What are you doing?"

The innocent man gave the carrot to you. Indicating he was hungry and confused on how to prepare them.

"Sorry," You apologised. "She goes on and on, and on, about those damn Texas chainsaw-"

Leatherface covered you mouth from behind, wanting to bury his nose into your neck. You couldn't take his hand away, and you couldn't carry on with the carrots. The masked man gave a small whine of distraught.

"Leatherface I'm sorry, but how else do I put it?" You tried to speak. "We can't forgot these problems, it's always gonna be there. One way or another someone or somethings bound to say it."

Whine.

"And I know you feel bad for doing it, but that's all people are gonna know you for. Even if something or someone was to convince them, it just wouldn't work. You a cannibal through and through." You continued.

Leatherface huffed, and let go of you.

"Oh don't be so mad now,"

Leatherface stormed into living room, having a strop he pushed the chairs over.

"Stop it will you! This isn't helping!" You began to shout.

Then he pushed the table, before making a run for the door. You ran to it as well, hoping his wouldn't escape.

"Leatherface stop!" You stood by the door.

Leatherface wasn't going to fight you, he couldn't, he didn't have the heart to. His mood was slipping again, from anger to upset. He went to hug you.

"It's ok, I didn't mean to say such hurtful things."

The two of you sat down by the door, your chin on his head. As you slightly cradled him, before he then...bursted into tears...