Chapter 23

As soon as you were back at Leatherface's home, you didn't know whether it was a good idea or not. Seeing your neighbour hadn't only triggered you, but you had felt sick with problems. You slouched down in Leatherface's chair, stressed and upset.

"Boo..." Said Leatherface, as he gave you the bear.

"Not now." You replied, putting it on table.

Whine.

"Oh come here." You held your arms and, he picked you up, putting you in his lap. As he held you. "All these notes and my neighbour coming round at random moments, is just so..." You couldn't think of another word.

Mumble, mumble.

Unfortunately you couldn't understand his mumbling. You weren't to sure if he was being comforting or suggesting something.

"We'll talk about it later, that way your brother can tell me what you saying."

Leatherface kissed your neck, before nuzzling his masked nose into it. Well he certainly knew how to cheer you up.

"Boo." He whispered.

***

The older brothers came back, one still enthusiastic and the other one wasn't.

"Bubba! I've found them!" Choptop announced, he brung out a bunch of carrots from his pockets.

"Did you steal them?" Drayton asked, putting the bags on the table.

"Nope, you just didn't pay for them." Choptop replied.

Drayton sighed. Leatherface reached over for one, and then a knife to cut the ends off.

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

"Well he's certainly happy." You said, with a bit of sadness.

Drayton slapped his brother.

"What?!" Choptop replied.

The eldest gave a look, making the younger one leave. Drayton sat down in his chair, on the other side of the table.

"I'm not one to care, but what was that earlier?" Drayton asked.

You sighed. "I couldn't let her see you lot, but I feel like someone knows about Leatherface being there."

Whine.

Leatherface stroked you hair, as he held you closer.

"All these threats asking to expose him." You continued, knowing that he didn't like it, but he had to know.

"Your neighbour seems suspicious." Drayton said.

"I wouldn't think it was her." You replied, sort of sticking up for her. But now that you thought about it, it did seem a bit weird.

"And why not?"

"I've known her for a long time..." You paused. "Though she does have this obsession with the chainsaw massacre."

Leatherface slammed his fist on the table, you got up from him. As he hit the table again.

Mumble! Mumble! Mumble!

"Oh quit it Bubba, you enjoyed it. You used to love the killing." Drayton replied.

No, not anymore. Leatherface wanted to stop, after falling for Stretch, but wanted to stop completely so he can change because of you.

Mumble! Mumble!

"Bubba calm down. So what if she has an obsession, you just remember that your not entirely responsible for it. Us Sawyers have all taken part in it."

"Leatherface." You took his hand trying to calm him down.

Drayton did have a point, it wasn't Leatherface's fault completely. He was just told to do it, the family had been doing it the generations and generations. Leatherface sat back down, trying not to cry. You sat in Nubbins chair. Oh why couldn't he be normal, why did he have to been in this dreadful family.

"Anyways, in my opinion it adds up to her, if you think about it. She could easily know about Bubba, the obsession but also the innocent. You said yourself you didn't think it was her." Drayton explained.

"Oh." You quietly said. "I don't think I want to go home now."

Mumble.

"Well..." Drayton said getting up. "I'll go and start on dinner."

***

Leatherface cheered up from dinner, seeing as he got to eat carrots. Seeing him in such a happy mood, lifted your spirits as well. He took you outside up on the roof, to watch the sunset and the stars. The quiet and easy atmosphere, making you forget all your problems.

Mumble, mumble.

Leatherface pointed up towards to the stars.

"They are very beautiful." You commented.

Leatherface kissed you, running his fingers slowly through your hair. You snuggled into his chest, hearing his heartbeat, and the soft breathing.

"I love you, Leatherface." You whispered.

He kissed your head, saying the same thing. Not one thing should or can break the peaceful but yet unusual moment.

Although something in the shadows was lurking by...