S02E01 - Cut Day (Part 8)

Pulling his backpack from his locker and slamming the door shut, there was a smile plastered on Sam's face at the fact that he, too, cut his last period and went to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail with Neal and Bill instead. As walked passed an empty classroom, he noticed something odd and backtracked. Daniel was sitting in the room alone.

"What're you doing, Daniel?" Sam asked the young man who was grinning to himself.

"Relishing the fact that I made Cut Day happen. I had a dream and I brought it to life!"

"Yeah, but..." Sam frowned. "You spent all day in school, getting everyone to cut, but you didn't. It's, like, 6:30 at night, bro."

Daniel's grin fell from his face as he realized the younger boy had a very good point. "Shit."

  👻👻👻👻👻👻   

The end credits began to roll. Names and fancy dancy titles started to run up the screen over the backdrop of Lindsay, smiling and waving at the reader for the duration of them, still dressed in her bikini, sunglasses, floppy sun hat and lines of sunscreen all over her face. Behind her, a flimsy beach shack could be seen rocking back and forth, the football player's sports brief hanging from the door handle. After only a few seconds, an old, dingy lifesaver next to the door fell from the side of the building and landed in the sand below. Kim's moans could be heard within as the rocking continued and, over all of it, "Love Shack" by The B-52's played, fading out as the screen did the same.

👻👻👻👻👻👻

Author's notable note: This episode was brought to you by the letter * and the number Saxophone. Also, this week's episode was compiled through an LSD trip that saw the 93-year-old writer watching both Freaks and Geeks S1E1 – "Pilot", and Saved by the Bell S3E23 – "Cut Day", at the same time! While he was polishing a dinosaur's toenails!

Surprisingly, this is a work of fan fiction using characters and plot aspects from the Freaks and Geeks world, which is trademarked/owned by Paul Feig and Judd Apatow (probably). Additionally in this week's episode, plot elements were used from the Saved by the Bell world, which is (likely) trademarked/owned by Sam Bobrick and Peter Engel (I dunno). The author does not claim ownership of the characters or worlds being borrowed for this piece. Furthermore, there was no financial profit gained from the creation and publication of this episode (but there was wisdom gained... somewhere).

Moreover, the above mentioned words also apply to any films/movies/songs/music/additional TV shows/TV series/stores/restaurants/hotels/motels/theaters/arenas/additional characters/candies only briefly mentioned, referenced, mocked or listed in this work (kudos to those who can find and list them all).

The story the author conveys is of his own imagination and molding of plots from both aforementioned worlds. It is not purported or believed to be part of story canon for either world. This story is for entertainment only and is not part of any official story line (aside from the author's story line, which makes it canon within itself. Hmm... that's kind of a mind-fuck there).