Partners in Crime

As the Mayor went to find the Colonel, you bent down next to the Detective. "Alright partner, time to get to work." He began, "Judging by the temperature of the body, that I measured rectally. Which, ah, is obviously the most accurate way to get the interbody temperature of a corpse." The Detective explained with a bit of hesitation. "That's a fact, totally procedure, don't tell anyone I did it." He added quickly. The Detective stuck out a hand, which you discovered had a golden magnifying glass. Where did he get that? "I am sure that Mark was killed around 1:30 AM last light." The Detective concluded by nodding to himself. He jumped up suddenly, "So what were you doing at 1:30 AM last night!?" He pointed a finger at you. The sight of the alarm clock reading 1:30 AM and the same blaring music from last night came into your line of vision once again. The Detective's gruff voice interrupted your flashback, "I'm gonna ignore the strange fact that you sleep with your eyes open. But it checks out," He said. You stood up, he knew what your alibi was, but you didn't say anything. Did he just trust you that easily? And what about the others alibis? "So, we need to figure out where everyone was and what they were doing around that time. Or at the very least, who saw Mark last." The Detective pointed around, "You need to get out there, see if you can piece together this story of what happened last night." He continued, this was a lot of trust that he was putting on your shoulders. Normally you wouldn't be able to carry that pressure of finding a murder, but recent events pushed you otherwise. "I'll stick around with the body and run more...Tests..." The Detective took a deep breath through his nose and bent down go continue his work. You turned on your heel, lifting up the yellow tape and walked out of the crime scene.