Sharp tensions

After leaving the Butler's sobbs to echo in the wine cellar, you walked into the back of the kitchen. The Chef was there, chopping what looked to be spaghetti on a cutting board. His white uniform stood out brightly against the ebony counters. On his left was a statue that looked like a smaller version of the Chef, it was kinda weird. As the Chef took overly huge swings to chop he turned sharply to you. Brandishing his knife and ladle, "I thought I told you to stay out of my kitchen!" The Chef threatened. He backed off and said, "Oh, you're helpin' that dick with his little investigation, huh?" He spat, it was clear he didn't like the Detective. "Well I might look like a sweet and innocent man, but some people with short lifespans might think otherwise. I can't imagine why, can you!?" The Chef lunged slightly at you. Backing away you shook your head no, you didn't want to end up like Mark... "Last night, after I got rid of all of the evidence...Of that delicious meal I prepared. And wiped down all the fingerprints...From those filthy dishes." He lead on, but his wording was strange. Before you could ask about the choice of words the Chef interrupted. "And sopped up all that blood." He finished, wait, what?! Was the broken bottle in the wine cellar a cover up? As if to cut off your train of thought, the Chef glared daggers and walked to his statue, "I retired to my room at 1:00 AM, and left my little buddy in charge, like I always do." The Chef kissed the statue. Weird, "He sees everything. Why don't you ask him what happened last night?" The Chef suggested, as you looked at the statue you could barely make out camera lenses. After a brief bit of static, the screen read 1:08 AM, October 10th and was focused on a couch. It stayed for a few more seconds on that screen then switched to another. 1:03 AM, October 9th. It was now at the marble foyer were you and the Colonel had entered the house. 1:36 AM October, 8th, the camera was placed on a set of stairs. 1:17 AM October 7th, the video now showed through a set of blinds. You could vaguely make out a figure in a trench coat and deerstalker hat, it was the Detective. A distorted voice called out "Abe!" The figure's voice soon came into view, it was Mark. Still in his silk robe and cravat, the Detective rang out as well, "Mark! Good to see ya." The two shook hands, Mark quickly spoke "Great to see ya." He deadpanned, "Look, I'll cut right to the chase, Chef? Butler? Good?" Mark said, listing the three things off on his fingers. "Chef's an asshole, but he's clean. Uh, Butler, he's a new guy, also an asshole. But he's also clean." The Detective answered. Did Mark have him do background checks on his employees? Why would he need to do that? "Well, I wouldn't have it any other way." The Mark in the video smiled in an inscrutable way. One last cut of static sent you back into the Chef's kitchen. After getting over the slight headache that caused you, you looked around. There was no sign of the Chef, his cutting board and knife were washed and put away.