A taste of things to come

"I know he's in pain. And I know you might be too." The Butler, who was now standing on your right. "But we need to leave this place," He spoke, with a note of heavy concern in his voice. "There's only death here now..." The Butler said, while walking backwards into the dim hallway. Following everyone else. He looked back sorrowfully at you a few times, before walking on. You were about to follow him but a harsh female whisper in your right ear made you jump. "Hey!" Was that Celine? How was she speaking to you? And where is she? "Help." She called again. This time she was behind you, you turned to find that the world had a filter on it. Everything seemed dark green, black and a pale tan. A heavily distorted voice broke the quiet. "Madness!" A voice called, another interrupted it. "You wanna talk about madness? Madnesses is stealing your best friend's wife!" Was that the Detective? Who was he yelling at? You moved down the hallway to the stairs where the Mayor had told you to be careful, and where you had first seen your host. Little particles of something that looked like dust hung in the air. Mark's undead distorted voice came into your mind. "Now this evening, it's not all about the poker; it's not all about me." You shadowed in Mark's footsteps as you moved down the dark wooden staircase. More voices came into your head as you walked past the downstairs foyer. And into the area where Damien had greeted you. "Can't we resolve this amicably?" His deep voice waved through the still air. "Life needs a bit of madness, eh chap?" The Colonel's voice followed quickly after his friend. The room with all the furniture in it seemed to blink and water, as if its eyes were crying. "Good to let the beast out once in a while, eh old friend?" The Mayor's voice was hard to understand what he was saying clearly. Your legs seemed to move when you didn't tell them to, as if someone was dragging you along to see something. Now you where in the small round room with the rosewood table with a seat for everyone. Who's light came from a chandelier that hung lowly above the table. It's candle's where a blur to your eye. "I'm not gonna just sit around and let you drag my partner off to their very likely death!" The Detective's voice rang out. The voices were getting harder and harder to understand. Another once came clearly to you, "I thought I told you to stay outta my kitchen!" The Chef's harsh voice came to you once again. You walked around the area where another couch was. The same room that you had seen before you went into the wine cellar with the Butler, you could see the gated entrance to it out of the counter of your eye. "A domain of evil this is, but in we must go..." The Butler's former voice echoed off the walls. You turn to see your surroundings. There was a tall, grandfather clock that you had never heard chime, and more sitting areas. All the way to your left was a open office. How did you never see this before? The Butler's disembodied voice came again. "You first."