Lost in the dark

The Mayor must have seen your confusion, "What Celine means by that is, this doesn't have to be the end." He said. Glancing at Celine to see if he got it right, as he did, Damien continued. "You're trapped in here just the same as us, but your body." The Mayor looked at both you and Celine with a ghost of hope on his face. "Broken as it may be, it's still out there." His armed moved to point, only leading to more of the void. "Mark's not the only one that can use this place to his benefit." Celine's hands moved to you, "The same way that I brought you here, is the same way I can send you back." Her voice held an echo. It was deep, and almost making fun of what your friends where saying. Out of your eye you saw Damien fidget with his hand, "But you can't survive on your own, you're dead after all." He looked at you. He was right, people can't survive a bullet to the stomach and then a long fall onto marble. "Our friend the Colonel saw to that." The Mayor said bittersweetly. Celine immediately came to the Colonel's defence. "You can't blame him, honestly he's a good man." Celine clasped her hands together softly. "But he's dangerous now." Her voice held notes of melancholy as she bit her lip. There was a quick moment of quiet between all of you. Damien sighed, breaking it. "I know this all seems crazy, honestly, I don't know what the fuck is going on." He cursed, and spun to his left to face his friend. "But I know that I trust Celine," The Mayor turned back to you. "and if you trust us, just let me in." The world flickered as he finished his ominous sentence, as if the pair speaking to you were just images. "And we can fix this, together." The Mayor's voice was strained with lost hope. "I won't force this on you. You have a choice here, just know that this the only way you can escape." Celine's voice shared this trait. You nodded, both of them let out a sigh of relief. "Just relax." Celine closed her eyes and out out her thin hands. "This'll work," Damien held out a hand to reassure you as the world slowly went black. "I promise." His concerned voice spoke. As your vision switched sharply from black to white, you could hear distant thunder and creaking. And you could see again the railing and the hanging chandelier with an anaglyph effect that was fading from your vision. You slowly got to your feet, you were in the foyer where you had first entered the house.