Chapter 25

Minutes pass and Hoseok couldn't stop himself from staring at the closed door of his, no their flat, yet. He doesn't understand what just happened. That his sister really is Hyungwons ex-girlfriend. That she, the girl he has always loved o much, the girl he thought would never harm anyone, caused Hyungwon so much pain.

"Hoseok I-" Soojin starts talking but gets interrupted by her brother.

"Shut up." He hisses. "Please. Don't say anything."

Hoseok sits down on the floor, his back leaning on the wall as he covers his face with his shaking hands. All he wanted to do was to protect Hyungwon from any pain, help him to forget everything bad that happened in the past and just make him a happy boy again. He really thought he was on the right way, thought that it was a good idea to introduce him to his family as his friend first but later as his boyfriend. Hope he would be accepted by them and would be able to find a new family in them, since his doesn't care for him. But he just managed to ruin it all again in just a few minutes.

He is angry at himself for being so stupid and not being careful enough, but how should he have known this. Hoseok is also angry at his sister without really having a reason why. Probably because of all the things Hyungwon told him about his ex-girlfriend and how much she had hurt him with her actions.

The door rings up and slightly startled by this noise Hoseok looks up again, meeting the eyes of his sister. "You can already go to the kitchen, I will come and get the food ready soon." He says, while looking away and getting up to open the door.

For the second time today, he is greeting very cheerful, but this time by his parents who pull him in a tight hug as soon as he opens the door and start chanting a happy birthday song for him.

Hoseok puts on a fake smile and greets his parents back, not really listening to what they are saying since his mind is still with Hyungwon. Where is now? What is he doing? Is he crying? Does he feel lost?

"Where is your friend. Isn't he going to greet us?" Hoseoks dad suddenly asks, getting Hoseok out of the trance.

Hoseok quickly shakes his head. "He had to leave earlier, because of a family emergency."

"What a pity. I really wanted to meet him." His mother now says. "But you can tell him our greetings okay?"

"Yes sure." Hoseok nod, smiling at his parents. "Let's go to the kitchen I've cooked dinner for you."

Very excited they follow him into the kitchen, where they sit down and the already set table. Hoseok looks at the fifth plate that was originally planned for Hyungwon. He wished everything would've went better and the younger boy would be able to meet his family today.

He quickly puts food on everyone's plates and sits down at the table as well, to start eating.

"Hoseok." His mother begins after a while of eating and chatting about several things. "Tell us something about your friend. We don't really know him, and I really want to know what kind of guys he is."

Hoseok who hasn't been mentally present for a few minutes looks up from his plate, after he heard his name being called. "What did you say?"

"Your friend who lives with you Hoseok. Tell us something about him." His mother repeats.

"My friend... his name is Hyungwon and I've met him not too long ago, but he has become very important to me in the past months."

"Months you say? You don't even know him for a year and he moves in here with you?" his father asks, slightly confused.