Chapter 28

Their trip home passed fast. The weekend afterwards as well and suddenly Hyungwon finds himself at works again, sorting through old books. One thing he loves about work is the smell of old paper and ink that always welcomes him as soon as he enters the shop.

Jungeun and him also get along quite well, which mostly put him in a good mood since she is a nice girl and they have quite a lot in common. Hyungwon is sure that if they spend some more time together, they could actually become friends even outside from work. And if he was very honest, Hyungwon could also imagine her to be his girlfriend if he weren't taken. But that is nothing he wants to think about.

Hoseok is the only one who keeps him from his misery and he doesn't want anyone to replace him.

Besides this nice atmosphere at work, Hyungwon also has quite a lot of free time, which provides him with enough time to read through at lot of the books from the bookstore. They have a lot old older but still very interesting literature in here, which makes him love this shop even more.

Today is one of these days again where time passes not at all, no costumers and nothing to sort through either. Hyungwon has again found a book that caught his interest and with a hot cup of tea, he has sat down on one of the armchairs in the back of the store.

Jungeun on the other hand has taken her place at the counter, checking if any costumer decides to step by and handle them if they do. Hyungwon appreciates this, because compared to him the girl is not really into reading books which is a bit contrary considering the fact that she works in a book shop.

After around half an hour of no costumer visiting the shop, the door opens again with a little jingle of the doorbell. Hyungwon doesn't hear it, since he is too focused on the book to realize anything around him.

A sudden touch startles him out of his thoughts and a little scream escapes him mouth, but Jungeun quickly calms him down with a smile. "It's just me."

"Yeah sorry. What's up?" Hyungwon asks a bit confused.

Jungeun looks in the direction of the counter, then back to Hyungwon. "There is a girl that wants to talk to you. Seems to be quite important."

Hyungwon blinks his eyes a few times. Who could that be? He hasn't any girls as close friends, nor does anyone besides Hoseok and his friends know about his new job. And why would she come to talk to him at work? He quickly shakes his head, brushing off these thoughts. "Uh.. yeah she can come if she wants to."

Jungeun just nods and disappears as fast as she came to him. Hyungwon hears them talk in the front but tries not to overhear their conversation too much.

Hyungwon hears steps coming closer to him and he can feel himself getting more and more nervous with each second. And the person who suddenly appears in front of him is not who he would have ever expected. Not even in his worst dreams. It's Soojin. Again.

"What do you want?" he asks, trying to keep his voice stable. Why did she have to pass his ways again? Why is she always trying to ruin his good mood? Why is she always dragging him down when he feels fine? What are the intentions of this girl? How did she even know where he works?

"Calm down, I came here to apologize."

"You're not really making things better with always deciding to show up in my life again and again, actually making things worse." He hisses. Hyungwon rarely gets angry, but this girl just can make his calm soul, boil in anger and disappointment.

She shakes her head. "But I have a bad conscience. Believe it or not."

"Well then. I will listen." Hyungwon says and gestures for her to sit down on the armchair next to him. Just watching her in her actions makes Hyungwon feel uncomfortable. He does not feel as hurt when he first saw her again, but it still stings in his heart seeing her act with such indifference toward him. And he will definitely need some time to calm himself down after she is gone again. Because right now his hands are shaking like crazy.