Chapter 8

Again. Again this is happening. Ok, I was literally losing my mind right now. What the hell is going on? Why is this happening? I almost exploded the next moment with my words, and I was trying to be as nice as possible.

“How do you not remember any of that? It was this morning. Please excuse me if I’m rude, but are you alright? Because I believe I am aware that something fishy is going on. Is this some kind of joke? Because if it is, then I will happily leave now.”

I stood up. Jack’s mouth dropped. He stood up too. He looked dreadfully confused, surprised, and mostly hurt. I felt a bit guilty, but I can’t let it go like this anymore.

“I’m sorry, I really liked you, you seemed awfully sweet and trustworthy, but this whole ‘I have no idea what’s going on’ thing is getting out of hand! You are currently the only friend I have--or had-- made here in London, I am absolutely lonely here.”

I admit, I am overly sensitive. I should let him speak, I was a bit harsh. But back to sensitive. I am also quite emotional, and felt my eyes water just a little bit. I didn’t want my only friend to be a joke.

“Wait, Andrea, c’mon, we can sort it out! Please, give me a minute.” He gently grabbed my shoulder and pulled me over to him. I was now facing him, and I was super close. My eyes widened. It felt like when I met him on the first day of UNI. His eyes were sparkling, and his gelled hair and all the sort. My mouth dropped a little, and I tried to close it, but I didn’t. I couldn’t. He’s too attractive up close.

Jack wiped my eyes and I saw his eyes soften up a bit.

“Look,” he said, almost whispering, “I swear on my life right now I have no clue at all what the ‘I have no idea what’s going on’ business is! But I honestly don’t know what you meant when you talked about me changing clothes and the sort. But whatever it  is,”--His british accent thickened-- “I’m truly sorry for it all happening. Alright? Let’s be friends. ‘Kay?”

He was looking directly at me now, and for some reason, it made me feel a little uncomfortable, but at the same time, a lot better. And call me crazy, but it really was NOT your average “stare into your eyes” look. This was farther than that, I couldn’t grasp the right name or word for it, but it felt so good. I wanted to look away, but I couldn’t. He licked his lips and leaned closer, and took off his glasses. I felt my stomach drop.

“Hey, Andrea I brought the tea, and--WHAT THE HELL FINN?!?!” We both shook abruptly when we heard the person shout. I looked at Jack and he looked at me, and “ran” back to his chair, when the person came in.

“Oh my god Finn, stop having eyesex with my new friend!!! You’re gonna scare her back to America!”

My eyes widened a lot. My mouth fell, and I looked at the person who was holding two cups of tea. That’s Jack. No wait...I looked back at the person that just consoled me. That’s Jack. No...What?!

They were both looking at me. I looked at them. Then, I realized something big. Something I should've probably realized a long time ago. A fucking long time ago before I yelled at who I thought was Jack.

The changing of clothes, the deeper voice, the “changing chin”, glasses, and not to mention one’s seducing looks, it all makes sense now! And the big thing that Eliza wanted to tell me? It was all fitting together now.

Jack has a brother named Finn. A twinbrother named Finn.

There’s two of them. My mind is spiraling right now. Two hot guys. Two hot British guys. Two hot British guys who look exactly the same. Oh….my.