Chapter 6

The time was now 2. I sighed. It felt like it would take ages for an hour to pass. Even though it adds up to 2 hours to four, I usually take an hour to get ready since I spend a lot of time choosing my outfit and attempting to put on makeup, I’m no expert at that. And this time, it had to be done well.

    I decided that until then, I would simply browse the internet.

    I opened up my laptop and went to one of my favorite reading sites, Wattpad. I loved that site since I was 13 (the age to enter) and appreciated how any author could come and write their thoughts and feelings for others to read. I even made a few friends on there.

    I never wrote much though, I suck at writing. Sometimes though, imaginations ran through my head, mostly about romance and relationships, and I would just post it temporarily. I thought of one right now about Jack.

    I imagined me and him together, at his room, just the two of us close together, laughing and snuggling while watching a movie while his strong, comforting arms were wrapped around me. I rested my head against his shoulder and he leaned in and gave me a sweet kiss, smiling into it.

    I shook my head. I know, he’s damn hot, and I really like him, but I should really have self control. I really need to get to know him better before falling for him; it would be the safer thing to do.

    I still haven’t figured out if he’s a player...but he doesn’t seem like one! But then his attitude changed somehow when ‘he was at Starbucks’. He seemed a little more shy, but very romantic, there was something at that time that turned me on more than at class. Fuck my emotions for guys.

Is he trying to make me fall for him on purpose? Does he like me?

I pondered on these for a while and then saw a little message pop up on my screen from my Skype tab. I brightened. It was my old british pen pal from middle school, Eliza Frayn. Yay!

I really loved her, she is SO much fun to talk to. We first started off with the little stamp letters and emails, but then began to Skype and finally, one time, she came to America to visit some relatives, and she got the chance to drop in.

Ever since then, we’ve been long-distance besties and try to talk as often as possible.

Heyyy Andrea, we’re in college!!! Are you freaking out as much as I am? This deserves a Skype. Come on, plz! I know you’re sitting there staring at your screen with nothing to do :D.

I rolled my eyes. Eliza always knew this stuff. I looked at the time: 2:15. Who am I kidding, I have plenty of time. I opened my Skype tab and requested a Skype with Eliza.

The screen first blurred a bit, but then focused on a blonde girl wearing a Union Jack shirt, smiling.

"Hey, Andrea! WASSUP?!" I laughed.

"Haha, not much Eliza, just in OXFORD IN LONDON!!!" Her eyes widened.

"...No...way...you smartass! You're so lucky!"

I smiled. It was funny when Eliza cursed, it had a sense of jealousy and humor. I nodded. "Hey, you know it wasn't easy, I worked my butt off for this, so here I am!" Eliza smiled.

"Yea, I know. You must've really deserved it, but yea, that’s cool! I made it into a nearby university, it’s pretty cool.”

Eliza talked about her university a little longer, and then I looked at the time.

Shit, it’s 2:50. Time is just running too fast. I tried to end it quickly, but it wasn’t too easy, especially after she got me interested in a certain topic about her family. It was something like this: