Prologue

"ωє мιgнт вє тнє мαѕтєя σf συя σωи тнσυgнтѕ, ѕтιℓℓ ωє αяє тнє ѕℓανє σf συя ємσтισиѕ."

                                                                         -αиσиумσυѕ-

She left on a Friday, the day her sisters both left and her parents were out of town. Her sisters were clearly not fond of her, so her disappearance would most likely not affect them in any form. She saved up more than enough money for the situation; leaving would clearly not be free. She knew nobody would miss her except her two friends. But she felt that they wouldn't care. In fact, she believed no one ever did or ever will. She decided she should leave a note. She did not want to disappear without an explanation because people would think she was kidnapped.

The girl thought of herself as a burden to everyone around her. She made sure nobody ever knew about these thoughts by acting optimistic and cheerful. But that made no difference; she still only ever got attention when she was being teased by her older sisters or mocked by other students.

She knew this was her chance. Her chance to venture off to a better environment. Her chance to be treated with respect. Her chance to be someone else. She wanted to rid herself of her current identity.

The girl filled her purse and car with things she would need such as a new phone, basic amenities (including a knife and pepper spray), and over two thousand dollars.

As she pulled out of the driveway, she made a final statement.

"Goodbye, Peggy Schuyler," She felt her heart begin racing inside her chest. "Hello, Maria Lewis."

(Word count: 271)