Ch. 1

тσσ σfтєи ωє ∂σи'т яєαℓιzє ωнαт ωє нανє υитιℓ ιт'ѕ gσиє... тσσ σfтєи ωє ωαιт тσσ ℓσиg тσ ѕαу "ι'м ѕσяяу, ι ωαѕ ωяσиg."

                                                                            -αиσиумσυѕ-

Angelica Schuyler's Point of View

"Hey Eliza, where's Peggy?" I asked my sister dressed in pale blue. We are currently at Hercules Mulligan's house party, and we knew for a fact that Peggy would bother us the entire time and follow us around as if she were a lost puppy. "I didn't think she would like to come." She responds. "True," I add as Alexander approaches us. "Heeeyyy Elizaa." He slurs and stumbles, making us both giggle. "You're already drunk?" Asks Eliza. "Noooo!" He denies as falls to the ground due to loss of balance.

I have to admit that Alexander is devilishly handsome, and I've fallen for the young man. But sadly, he is attracted to my dear Eliza instead of me. Even though I would rather date him, I can't break her poor heart. So I silently stand by, watching their romance fly like a free dove soaring the skies. But at least I keep his eyes in my life.

"Angelica, would you like a drink?" Asks Eliza as she hands me a red plastic cup of cheap beer. "Sure," I respond as I take the cup from her hands. I've noticed that Alexander had left and was now socializing with some of his friends. As Eliza filled a cup with alcohol for herself, I felt as if something bad was occurring. Something really bad.

"Hey, Eliza?" I looked over at Eliza, but she had already left my side. "Eliza?" I scanned the area surrounding me, and I find her talking to John Laurens awkwardly. I brush away my worries and consider the option of joining the conversation, but I decide not to. Instead, I go to strike up a conversation with some of my friends: Abigail Smith and Dolley Payne.

Abigail and Dolley both had boyfriends. Abigail was dating John Adams, and Dolley was dating James Madison. They didn't drink, so they consoled me when I became too drunk, which was very nice of them. The majority of people here including myself are 16, so we are not supposed to be drinking, yet we do so anyway. "Hello Angelica," Said Abigail happily as she waved at me. "Hi there," Smiled Dolley.

After at least thirty minutes of talking, I bid them farewell and went to look for Eliza.

I finally found her outside in the driveway crying. "Eliza? What happened?" I asked. "Alexander cheated on me with John Laurens." "Eliza, I'm so-" She cut me off. "I found him making out with John Laurens in the bathroom! They didn't even bother to close the door. Eliza sniffled as she wiped away her tears.

"It's okay," I say angrily. "I'll ask Dolley to drive you home. I'll consult John and Alex." Eliza hugged me as she whispered a thank you. She waited outside as I asked Dolley to drive Eliza home, and she merrily accepted. I walked around and eventually found them awkwardly sitting on the couch, not making eye contact.

"Angelica! Please-" John started, but I cut him off as I slapped his face, leaving a mark on his cheek.
The blaring music stopped as everyone's eyes darted to us. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I spat with venom as I looked at Alexander. "How dare you cheat on my sister, Alexander?!" I shouted. "You absolute fool! Do you realize the pain poor Eliza feels?" My eyes begin to fill with tears as I began to leave before I said anything I would later regret. "Angelica, please." Alexander began to cry as well.

"Don't talk to me. Talk to the young woman whose heart you have torn in half and-" I hear my phone begin to ring. Eliza's calling. "Hello, Eliza. I'm currently speaking with this pile of human garbage-" "Angelica!" Eliza's voice sounded as if she were having a panic attack. She spoke three words that struck fear into my very soul.

Was it my fault she left? It must have been. I was so impolite to her. Those three words made me fall to the ground in absolute shock. "Have you checked everything? Every room? Is her car still there? Did she take her phone? Call her phone! She can't be missing! Was she kidnapped? Oh God, why did I leave her alone?" I shout in denial. Oh, Peggy, I am so sorry.

I wish I could apologize to her for all of the malicious things I have inflicted onto her. I tormented the poor child with blackmail and verbal abuse. I have no idea why I even did those wicked things to her. I guess I thought it was fun? What kind of sadist am I? I began to sob heavily on Alexander's carpet. Not only is my sister missing, but I never get to apologize for all of my actions.

Peggy probably never wants to see me again. What if she were kidnapped? It would be my fault for leaving her home by herself. She could probably be getting her hands chopped off by a corrupt serial killer, and it would be all my fault for being a horrible sister. Or what if she ended her own— I didn't want to know. I was now crying harder.

"What happened?" Asked Alexander and John.

"Peggy is missing."