5; Veronica

J.D. sighed as he put his face into the palm of his hand. "What?" I asked.
"Don't call her back."
"Why not?"
"She was obviously flirting with you."
I blushed as I said, "really? I don't think she was. Girls act like this casually."
"God Veronica, you're oblivious to girls. McNamara did the same thing!" J.D. said, pacing around.
"And now she's six feet under," I muttered quietly, looking down at my hands folded on my lap. This didn't feel okay. It started out as an accident, but Jason made it something worse. It's too late to leave.
"Exactly."
We were in silence for a bit. It was painful. Right now I just really want to go home.
"I'm gonna go home." I said as I got out of my seat. I didn't make eye contact with J.D. out of fear of what I'd see.
"Wait," he said. I stopped and faced him. I didn't see anything in those cold eyes except evil. Yet I loved him.
"I have something to tell you. Let's go outside." J.D. told me as he looked around suspiciously. He's being paranoid again.
I nodded as I followed him outside.
He lit a cigarette and put it to his mouth.
"We need to get rid of the last Heather." He said as he exhaled the smoke.
"Why?" I shouted. "I'm done with this. Why can't we just be seventeen?"
He quickly placed his finger to my lips as he loudly shushed me, looking around for anyone who might've heard us. He saw nobody. "Stop being so loud. She needs to die, Veronica. Heather Duke is a horrible person who doesn't deserve to live. Do you know how many people she has hurt? Abused? Driven to suicide?" He rambled on, pacing again. He's doing it again. Justifying himself as if he were a lawyer in a courtroom, declaring his client's self proclaimed innocence in a case. He glorifies all of his actions as if he were a 'saint' committing brilliant deeds for the sake of humanity. Honestly, he's insane. He's lost it. But he has a point...
As J.D. went on, I realized that he was right. "Okay, I guess." I responded.
"Great," he smiled. "We should kill Maria too."
My eyes widened. "What— no!"
"Fine, fine. But she's on the list."
"Don't you touch Maria! She hasn't even done anything wrong!" I yelled as I looked at my boyfriend in disgust. He turned around. I could sense the smirk on his lips.
"They all don't. Not yet, at least. She'll hurt you, Veronica." J.D. began, pointing at me while he faced me once again. "Everyone does. Face it, sweetheart, I'm all you have." He cooed.
"J.D., I-" i stammered, looking for the right words. I didn't know how he'd react to what I'm about to say, but I need to say something. "I don't want to be with you anymore." I cried. "Wh-what?" He asked, his voice shriveling up. "I can't do this anymore!" I shouted. "Words can not describe the hatred I feel for you. You're a horrible person. The person I loved is dead. I never want to see you again." It pained me to say those words. Honestly, I didn't mean it. I still loved him. However, I need to get him away from me. J.D. is genuinely terrible. I can't be near him anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. "I'm done." I said as I pushed him away from me and walked to my car. I watched as he stood in silence. I began to cry, but I didn't show it. I just wanted to leave.