13; Veronica

(i suppose this is more of a filler chapter, but it is still useful to the story)

veronica's pov
i haven't seen maria in a long time. she hasn't been answering answering her phone either. i know that maria lives a wild life, and is usually party-hopping her way around the city. and yes, she doesn't always answer her texts for days either, but i have a bad feeling about this.

it's been 2 months since i had last seen her. i had started to wonder if j.d. had anything to do with it. ever since i broke up with j.d., i've been paranoid as hell. i feel like i'm being watched all the time. to be honest, i can feel insanity creeping up on me. this is not what i wanted in life.

sometimes i just wanna runaway with maria. she's young, hot, and full of ambition. i'm always never sure if i'll see her again, so the next time i see her, i'll make sure to plan something.

i was washing the dishes, listening to the sound of the local news when a certain headline caught my attention.

LOCAL MISSING GIRL FOUND

"Peggy Schuyler was a typical school girl who had recently gone missing in albany, new york. but local hero Thomas Jefferson had found the teenage girl roaming around. she had been using the alias 'Maria Reynolds' for 3 months near suburban new york. more information coming soon.

did i even know who she was? maria had lied to me. i was her closest friend, and i had only discovered that her entire persona was a lie.

she lied to me.

(a/n): guys i'm so sorry. i know how disappointing this chapter is, but i've been struggling lately with my mental health and i've just been prioritizing smaller side books. i won't make any promises bc i know i won't be able to keep them, but once i feel better, i will be publishing daily. thank y'all for following this book despite my shitty writing skills and timing. i love y'all sm