Chapter 1

Welcome to the first chapter of a brand new Gladion x reader book. New plot twists and turns await!
____________________________________

       The stars were shinning rather nicely in the sky, the beach waves came up the shore only to recede, and there was even a cool breeze that brought together the overall peaceful atmosphere.

        "Do you mind if I sit here?" someone asked from behind where (y/n) said with her dusk form Lycanroc.

        "I don't see why not," (y/n) replied, already knowing who it was. "Can't sleep?" she asked to keep them from sitting in an awkward silence.

        "No. I can't. I keep thinking about things that I don't want to," Gladion replied. He did seem a little worried about whatever was keeping him awake.

        "Things like what?" (y/n) asked, wanting to know just a little more. She was rather curious after all.

       "With everything that's happened, I began thinking about myself as a trainer. I want to get stronger. I wasn't able to do as much as you and Sun were able to do. You even traveled through the ultra wormhole just to save the world. That's an amazing thing to be able to do as a trainer. I look up to you for that," Gladion explained.

       He'd become a lot more open towards her after what had happened a few months ago in Alola. They were currently camping out on the beach near Professor Kukui's lab with Lillie, Hau, and Sun who were alteady alseep.

        "Why would that keep you from being able to sleep?" (y/n) inquired. She wanted to know what was on Gladion's mind before he shut her out as he eventually did.

       "Because...I'm afraid of what's going to happen next," Gladion said. He pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them while resting his head on his knees. Well that was it. (Y/n) wouldn't be getting any more answers from him once he did that. They sat with the sound of the waves keeping it from becoming completely silent.

        (Y/n) began to think back to everything that Gladion was referring to. It had all start when (y/n) and Sun decided to do their island trials.

        As they went along, they kept running into these two members of a group called the Ultra Recon Squad that (y/n) later found out had been working with Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie's mother. Things went way downhill from there and of course Team Skull had something to do with it too.

       There was also a pokémon known as Necrozma that used to be a giver of light but became a stealer of light after losing it's original powers. (Y/n) and Sun had been the one's to find Necrozma who had fused with Lunala, known as Nebby, and ran off into the ultra wormhole that was created at the alter of the moon.

       (Y/n) and Sun traveled to Ultra Megaopolis, a city in a world without natural light. The Ultra Recon Squad had come from this world and it was at the top of their tallest tower where Necrozma waited for them. (Y/n) and Sun both saved Lunala with the help of Solgaleo. In the end though, there were things left behind that needed to be taken care of.

       Gladion was most definitely bothered by his mother's interest in the ultra wormholes likely because his father had disappear while studying them many years ago. Lillie wanted to become a trainer and Hau of course still wanted to be the Mele Mele Island Kahuna. (Y/n) and Sun had journeyed up to the newly established pokémon league but (y/n) had no true desire to be the champion.

       She just wanted to have fun eith her friends. Sun ended up getting the title which she and everyone else congratulated him for and it was after these events that (y/n) and Gladion became good friends.