Chapter 6

If you guys like this book so far then good. That means I'm doing something right.
____________________________________

       Gladion wasn't about to let anything happen to (y/n) and he also wasn't about to let her handle another major crisis by herself. Sun had helped her last time but that wasn't enough for Gladion. He felt that he should habe been there to help (y/n) and Sun defeat Necrozma and save Lunala who, at the time, went by the nickname Nebby.

        Now another Necrozma was showing up to mess things up again and just when Gladion was about to tell (y/n) something that he thought was important too! They got to Aether Paradise rather quickly and landed right in front of the main entrance.

        "We need to tell mother and then we need to get to the professors and tell them too," Gladion said as he and (y/n) got down from Lunala's back.

        "I can go ahead and go warn the professors while you tell your mother. It'll save time," (y/n) said as she pulled out her ride pager.

        "I'm not letting you out of my sight," Gladion said as he took the ride pager from her.

       "Gladion I can handle myself. I've done so for years while you were off training. I don't exactly need you to look after me," (y/n) said. Her words hurt him a little and she most certainly noticed since he winced after she'd spoken.

        "Hey, I didn't mean it like that," she quickly said in apology although there was much truth in her words.

        "It's okay. Let's go, we have to save Alola before anything major happens," Gladion said as he began to head inside.

      "What are you walking for? Come on!" (y/n) said with slight playfulness as she ran past him. Gladion didn't want to be left behind so he ran as well. They didn't stop running until they'd made it to Lusamine's office. (Y/n) of course got there first.

        "You wouldn't mind knocking would you?" (y/n) asked him as she backed away from the door a little. Gladion rolled his eyes at her and simply walked right in without knocking.

       "Back so soon? Have you come to check up on Silvally?" Lusamine said without looking up from her paperwork. Gladion was the only one bold enough to enter her office without knocking.

        "This is no time for leisure chatting, mother. Alola is in danger. Another Necrozma along with a foreign person by the name of Moon is here. Whatever they're planning, it's not going to be good," Gladion said. (Y/n) was still there, standing just outside the office door.

        "Another Necrozma you say? Another threat to Alola...okay...I understand. What needs to be done?" Lusamine said as she immediately dropped the pen that she had been using to do her paperwork. She noticed (y/n) at the door but didn't say anything about her being there nor did she give her permission to enter.

       "We need to contact professor Kukui and professor Burnet and let them know what's going on. We also need to send a rescue team of some sort to the Alter of the Moon where Lillie, Sun, and Hau are with Moon. I don't know how long Sun can hold her and Necrozma off so they need to get there quickly. (Y/n) and I need to stay here and figure out a way to get them back to wherever they came from whether it be by force or by will," Gladion said.

       "Okay. (Y/n), you should go ahead get started on a plan. Since there is a Necrozma already here, that pokémon might be the key," Lusamine said to (y/n) who still hadn't entered the office. (Y/n) nodded and left and Gladion tried to follow but his mother stopped him.

        "Gladion you are to stay here and explain things to the professors," Lusamine said to him.

       "I need to make sure that (y/n) stays safe. She probably understands ultra wormholes more than anyone else here. I can't let anything happen to her," Gladion said.

        "That's not why you want to go after her. I assure you, she'll be fine but I don't like what's going on here," Lusamine said.

        "What are you talking about. All I'm trying to do is protect her this time. I couldn't do that last time. All I could do was watch as she and Sun risked their lives and went through that ultra wormhole to save Alola. I won't let her risk her life like that again," Gladion said.

       "Why?" Lusamine asked. The question seemed stupid, a redundancy and a waste of time and yet Gladion couldn't help but feel that there was reasoning behind that one word.

        "What do you mean why? What type of game are you trying to play here?" Gladion replied.

        "Why just her. Sun risked his life as well and yet you don't feel obligated to protect him. You're focused only on (y/n). That's what I mean. You like her don't you?" Lusamine said. Gladion stayed silent, unsure of what to say in response to his mother's words.

       "I don't like her or the affect she's having on you, Gladion. It's not because of her personality, she's a great person. It's just...I don't want you to end up with your heart broken. She'll shatter it into a million pieces and not even you will be able to put it back together," Lusamine spoke.

        "(Y/n)'s not like that. She wouldn't do anything like that," Gladion growled. He wasn't surprised that his mother thought that way of (y/n) but there was no way he would accept such words about her.

       "On purpose? I highly doubt it. On accident though, that I'm sure of. She's been working with Necrozma and those ultra wormholes, the same thing that took my attention away from you and Lillie for so long. I can't just sit here and watch the past repeat itself. I don't want you to end up like that," Lusamine said. Gladion couldn't say anything. How could he argue with what could be the truth?

        "(Y/n) doesn't even know does she...that you came back because of her," Lusamine said.

        "How did you...?" Gladion said in shock. He had been careful not to let anyone know the true reason he was back amd yet Lusamine knew all along.

        "Mother's intuition. I've become better at using it these past four years. Go ahead and go after her. I'll let the professors know everything. If you get your heart broken though, you can always come to me and your sister for comfort. We'll always be here for you," Lusamine said with a slight smile.

       Gladion was surprised. His mother had truly changed over these past four years and he hadn't even noticed because he'd been gone for so long. (Y/n) had changed too and his mother was right. She was spending time researching the very thing that torn his family apart to begin with.

        Gladion gave his mother a nod before heading out. He went to the elevator not knowing where (y/n) could have gone. Necrozma was being held on a smaller island connected to Aether so she could have been there or she could have been in her laboratory.

         He stopped in his tracks when he heard it though, a cry that could only belong to (y/n). Gladion raced towards the direction that he'd heard it from, the main entrance of Aether and saw just what he feared. (Y/n) had been in danger and he wasn't there to protect her.
____________________________________

Hello you awesome readers! I hope you guys like this book because I've already planned another pokémon story for a certain rival. Can you guys guess who? Until next time you wonderful readers!